Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Crazy Day!!

Another Crazy Day!!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Crazy Day!!

After getting our visa's on Monday Morning!! woohoo!! it was with a little dread & trepidation that i went to work yesterday to tell my gaffer i was leaving, had managed to keep quiet for a year. (Have been with company 17 years, basically going from teaboy to sales manager). When i got into the office, the boss spotted me & asked me straight into his office.........

Boss: Hows your dad?
Me: A little better, but we will know more later in the week.
Boss: So when do you leave for Australia?
Me: :scared:
Boss: I have known for ages
Me:
Boss: i wish you had came and told me
Me: I'm sorry i did not know until Monday that it was a definate.
Boss: Well regardless of what happens, you will leave this company with our best wishes and a glowing reference, i am also willing to use all my contacts within the industry to get you something when you get there.
Me: I dont know what to say, thankyou so much.
Boss: But....
Me:
Boss: This idea is only in it's infancy but how do you feel about starting a subsidiary of this company in Brisbane?
Me: Is Jeremy Beadle about to burst in?
Boss: I'm serious, we dont want to lose you, we would provide computer, fax machine, money for research & Development, phone bills etc, all i would ask is that for a year you get your own car until we see how things go? if after the year it's good car added.
Me: The idea is exciting and i would defo give it a bash.
Boss: Right lets see what happens then, if we go ahead and after a year it does not work out we part company with no hard feelings?
Me: Thankyou very much.

So all in all another day of total madness in the Madsad Household.

PS> I asked Donna if she would be my PA, she said of course, i said you have to wear short skirts & your glasses every day, she slapped my jaw.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:07 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Another Crazy Day!!

Originally Posted by madsad
After getting our visa's on Monday Morning!! woohoo!! it was with a little dread & trepidation that i went to work yesterday to tell my gaffer i was leaving, had managed to keep quiet for a year. (Have been with company 17 years, basically going from teaboy to sales manager). When i got into the office, the boss spotted me & asked me straight into his office.........

Me:
Boss: Well regardless of what happens, you will leave this company with our best wishes and a glowing reference, i am also willing to use all my contacts within the industry to get you something when you get there.
Me:
Boss: This idea is only in it's infancy but how do you feel about starting a subsidiary of this company in Brisbane?
Boss: I'm serious, we dont want to lose you, we would provide computer, fax machine, money for research & Development, phone bills etc, all i would ask is that for a year you get your own car until we see how things go? if after the year it's good car added.
Boss: Right lets see what happens then, if we go ahead and after a year it does not work out we part company with no hard feelings?

PS> I asked Donna if she would be my PA, she said of course, i said you have to wear short skirts & your glasses every day, she slapped my jaw.
Nice one Madsad. Looks like everything is coming together just perfectly for you. What industry do you work in?

Good luck and long may it continue.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:13 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Me:
Me:

Nice one Madsad. Looks like everything is coming together just perfectly for you. What industry do you work in?

Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

CONGRATS !!!!

Some luck at last

Mr Tabby
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Me:
Me:

he forgot to mention that u will start as a tea boy here too
or will that be donnas job, tea wumin and foot rubber
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:16 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Fantastic news - seems like everything is going well for you this week. Lets hope it stays that way
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:17 am
Cheeky

Hi Malc and Donna,

Wow!! Good for you!!!! Thats brill news!! Bet you were gobsmacked!!! (clearly by Donna as well!!! re short skirt, etc )

Go for it!!

Good luck!
Cheeky

Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:07 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elksa

Hi Elksa,
Hubby is a Mechanical engineer(pumps),worked in tools for several years & worked his way up to sales manager,much cleaner!,nice to see him in a suit every morning!

Donna.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:23 am
Professional Princess

Me:
Me:

I am so happy for you, Im bloody well crying!!!!!!!!!

Isnt it amazing how things can turn around?

Congratulations.

Say hello to your Dad from me.

Love Sam

Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am so happy for you, Im bloody well crying!!!!!!!!!

Isnt it amazing how things can turn around?

Congratulations.

Say hello to your Dad from me.

Love Sam

Awwhh-Thankyou so much Sam x

Finding it quite hard to deal with good luck for a change !

Will post an update on dad later on after a visit.

Donna x
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

You deserve some good luck................you've persevered over the past 12 months......some people would have just thrown in the towel, but you didn't. It shows that if you stay focused, everything comes good in the end.

Chuffed to bits for you, you both deserve all the luck in the world!

Lesley
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that is fantastic. You must be well chuffed if not a bit confused with the way things have gone this week.

Really pleased for you.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

The good news just keeps on coming, and from the sounds of it, you guys totally deserve it!! Any chance of chucking some of that good luck over to the East Coast????!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news guys!!!! it's about bloody time your luck changed!!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:32 am
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by logan
The good news just keeps on coming, and from the sounds of it, you guys totally deserve it!! Any chance of chucking some of that good luck over to the East Coast????!!!!
sure how to deal with

Hey Logan, we are just trying to keep our feet firmly planted!! while we are totally over the moon, as Donna said we are still not quite sure how to deal with 2 bits of luck in one week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.