Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Bond question...

Another Bond question...

Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Another Bond question...

We purchased our dollars for our bond via HIFX and they advised us we had to but A$100,020.00. That was fine by me. I have filled in ad faxed the relevant forms to Queensland and am just about to courier the originals.
I have put on the form that we are investing A$100,020.00, profits from the sale of our house.
I have now received the confirmation from HIFX that the money was transferred and on their paperwork it clearly states the amount was A$100,000.00.

Will I have confused Queensland treasury with the different amounts or is this the norm?

A small query.....but what has happened to the other $20???
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Another Bond question...

Originally posted by sj oldfield
We purchased our dollars for our bond via HIFX and they advised us we had to but A$100,020.00. That was fine by me. I have filled in ad faxed the relevant forms to Queensland and am just about to courier the originals.
I have put on the form that we are investing A$100,020.00, profits from the sale of our house.
I have now received the confirmation from HIFX that the money was transferred and on their paperwork it clearly states the amount was A$100,000.00.

Will I have confused Queensland treasury with the different amounts or is this the norm?

A small query.....but what has happened to the other $20???
won't this be the telegraphic transfer fee? am sure others will correct me if i'm wrong. Our bond is going next week and i don't know if we've done the right thing by going through our bank. Do you mind telling me what rate you got from HIFX and what their fee was?
thanks
Yvonne
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi,

There is no fee with HIFX.

We `bought` a couple of weeks ago and the rate was 2.55.

Sandra
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Hi,

There is no fee with HIFX.

We `bought` a couple of weeks ago and the rate was 2.55.

Sandra
Thanks for that Sandra. My bank is just waiting for my funds to arrive from another account then will let me know their rate before it gets sent- if it's rubbish i can cancel and speak to HIFX. I hadn't bothered with them before because I remember reading on another thread not to touch them with a barge pole but I guess you've been happy with their service....... will see what next week brings
Yvonne x
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We recently dealt with HIFX and they were fine... just make sure you have another quote to compare with.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

They were okay.......I do know that Go Matilda recommends using them

Still doesnt answer my question......will treasury be utterly confused by the 2 different amounts or are they used to it???

Come on Larissa what did you put. Larissa see my posting about the internet sites
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

They were okay.......I do know that Go Matilda recommends using them

Still doesnt answer my question......will treasury be utterly confused by the 2 different amounts or are they used to it???

Come on Larissa what did you put. Larissa see my posting about the internet sites
Hmmmm I dunno. Hubby has been doing it and has gone to Office World now to get the stuff faxed through.

Off to look for internet site posting...

PS Will pick Blim's brain when he gets in.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

PS At a guess they will be used to it, since I doubt you're the first person for this to happen too.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

He just got in, cleared off again, but I have the forms now.
He ticked the AUD 100,000 box and our HIFX beneficiary account details also shows AUD 100,000. We did change more, but that is still being held by HIFX for us.

I'm sure it will be alright Sandra, they seem very professional. HIFX will have a record of the transaction too.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thin what I will do is put a letter of explaination when I courier it all on Monday. No way am I going to North End to the PO is this bloody rain!!!
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

When i did our paper work i just put in $100000 for the bond transfer as the $20 is charged by Queensland so they will be aware of this. If still concerned put a covering note in with the paperwork or email them. They have been really helpful with us.

footie xx
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:23 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

we were advised to do the same and invested $100.100 just to be on the safe side.
HIFX didn't make a charge.

plum
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default YFitz

Hi Yvonne
we did our bond lodgement through our bank, TSB, pm me if you want any further information
hugs
Rach x