Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying Oz news

Annoying Oz news

Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:12 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Annoying Oz news

Today I watched the morning 9am news sky news australia, and bang on 9am the lead story was blinking sport. The indians are tee'd off over the cricket and the ozzy team have the hump over the indians boycot of playing at Canberra....

Then turned over to watch bbc news, it's top story was Kenya, followed by floods in some other country etc, with the UK hardly getting a mention....then after 25 minutes or so the sports news came on and guess what it was about the indian cricket teams hump in Australia.

What annoys me is the Oz news priority seems all wrong. Sod people dying or mass murders and genocide, lets highlight on probably the worlds most boring sport.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying Oz news

Originally Posted by arkon
Today I watched the morning 9am news sky news australia, and bang on 9am the lead story was blinking sport. The indians are tee'd off over the cricket and the ozzy team have the hump over the indians boycot of playing at Canberra....

Then turned over to watch bbc news, it's top story was Kenya, followed by floods in some other country etc, with the UK hardly getting a mention....then after 25 minutes or so the sports news came on and guess what it was about the indian cricket teams hump in Australia.

What annoys me is the Oz news priority seems all wrong. Sod people dying or mass murders and genocide, lets highlight on probably the worlds most boring sport.
Wash your mouth out, cricket is not boring.

Agree with the rest though. Mind you South Australians seem to like repoting bad news, nearly every ad break has some
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:16 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

At least we have news, spare a thought for the Kiwis.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:16 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

All the better when they can combine sport with tragic death though....some sports commentor died (who knows, I don't watch sport) and it is the biggest tradegy ever to hit the city of Melbourne.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:22 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
All the better when they can combine sport with tragic death though....some sports commentor died (who knows, I don't watch sport) and it is the biggest tradegy ever to hit the city of Melbourne.
Thats true, like when that famous ozzy racing driver that the rest of the world had never heard of dies, made the news for huge segments for days. The rest of the world must be in deep morning for Australia's sorrow because when these things happen the rest of the world stops doing anything news worthy.

Then there is the stories like 'Australian scientist makes breakthrough on xxx cancer cure'. You then do a bit of independent research and discover he was either one man in a 20 man international team based in Belgium, or worse an indian scientist on secondment to an Australian university and not really Australian at all. You might be able to tell that Australian news gives me the right hump.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't seem to watch the news here in OZ, although i am getting better. Alot of things didn't interest me, or i didn't understand, so i never watched it. I watched it today though.....................and yes they talked about alot of sport...

So it was switched off
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:26 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the newsreaders. Cue whitened neon teeth, tan and a hairstyle that would survive g-force.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:29 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I don't seem to watch the news here in OZ, although i am getting better. Alot of things didn't interest me, or i didn't understand, so i never watched it. I watched it today though.....................and yes they talked about alot of sport...

So it was switched off
It's the only reason I have Austar, I seem to need the fix of what's happening in the rest of the world..Did I mention the guff on the news when Australia recently joined the Kyoto agreement. Apparently they played a major role and the conference would have been well and truely up gum boot creek if they hadn't attended. excuse me a moment while I extract my fingers from down my throat.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:30 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

I hate the newsreaders. Cue whitened neon teeth, tan and a hairstyle that would survive g-force.
What about the newsreader they have that looks like he has a plastic face. Reminds me of Max Headroom. Can't remember his name now....
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's the only reason I have Austar, I seem to need the fix of what's happening in the rest of the world..Did I mention the guff on the news when Australia recently joined the Kyoto agreement. Apparently they played a major role and the conference would have been well and truely up gum boot creek if they hadn't attended. excuse me a moment while I extract my fingers from down my throat.
A rather curious boy

What about the newsreader they have that looks like he has a plastic face. Reminds me of Max Headroom. Can't remember his name now....
No man, that's the fat Bert guy on '20 Greatest.....'
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

He is seriously weird looking, gives me the creeps
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:33 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Is that the 20 greatest Australian rock stars? That had to be cancelled due to lack of any famous ozzy rockstars? Men at work doesn't count either...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:34 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Wendy
He is seriously weird looking, gives me the creeps

No way can I eat when he is on telly!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:34 am
A rather curious boy

Is that the 20 greatest Australian rock stars? That had to be cancelled due to lack of any famous ozzy rockstars? Men at work doesn't count either...

The '20 cheapest video clips we could find' show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.