Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying Aussie Habit of the Week

Annoying Aussie Habit of the Week

Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Annoying Aussie Habit of the Week

Reminded of this by the "Perth Sunday Arvo" post.

The habit of adding "o" to the end of every bloody thingo.

This arvo I need to go and do a preso. So make sure my new car has it's rego sorted out.

My other all time favourite is "drinkypoos" and "lunchiepoos" and every other poo you can imagine. Nauseating enough to give you the runs.

Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Annoying Aussie Habit of the Week

Originally posted by Sunlover

This arvo I need to go and do a preso. So make sure my new car has it's rego sorted out.

My other all time favourite is "drinkypoos" and "lunchiepoos" and every other poo you can imagine. Nauseating enough to give you the runs.

Watch out for the attack of the Great White Aussie Alpha Males!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Megalania
Watch out for the attack of the Great White Aussie Alpha Males!
Have experienced several already - in one form or another.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

OOPs people I know use drinkypoos over here! It must be a Brit word that has emigrated!!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:56 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tinaj
OOPs people I know use drinkypoos over here! It must be a Brit word that has emigrated!!
It infiltrated Aus via some long forgotted Brit soapy! Not common (usage) anymore.

Some time ago, there was a Pom show on Aus TV anout dog training. The term "Walkies" entered the language for about 1 year.

Last edited by Megalania; Aug 20th 2003 at 9:49 am.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:20 am
owieb

And don't forget the "ie" s.

Tinnies, sunnies, barbies and of course pommies!

Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:33 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

What about that DJ "Rosso" in Sydney? He manages to get a "Servo" into every other sentence.

Also laughed yesterday when the news was on, when that Shane cricketer idiot, whatever he's called was heard to call the woman he's accused of hassling a "dumb hairy-backed Sheila".

Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Don't forget the Salvation Army who are big out here, the Salvos.

Not necessarily annoying, but amusing, to see the kids out shopping on Thursdays for late night shopping in their PJs.

Must be more, will wait until I'm irritated next!

Loopy
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
yeah came in with "abfab".... MM