Animals!

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

winterblues is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Animals!

Hi folks,
Has or is anybody taking their dogs or cats out to OZ with them.If so can you give me any info on what is involved and costs etc,

Cheers
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Animals!

Originally Posted by winterblues
Hi folks,
Has or is anybody taking their dogs or cats out to OZ with them.If so can you give me any info on what is involved and costs etc,

Cheers

Our dog is flying our in early Jan. We organised everything via Golden Arrow pet shippers. There are a few recommended pet shippers on this forum. Do a search and you'll find lots. It's costing us nearly 3K in total, but well worth it. Contat one of the shippers and they will send you all the info you need. Just involves getting their vaccinations up to date (excluding lepto vacine), getting import license, blood tests and you're away....Shippers will tell you what to do and when...PM me if you need more detail.

Rachel
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

We're taking our 2 dogs. I got in touch with Airpets (01753 685571, www.airpets.com) and Golden Arrow (01588 680414) last week. The Airpets quote came through the very next day (I was very impressed!). The cost for shipping them is £2271 :scared: . Quarantine will cost an additional $800, but I have to clarify with them if this is for 1 dog or 2, and we will also have to pay for all vets fees (blood tests etc). It's costing more for them to go than for us!! Couldn't be without them though . Costs will vary depending on the size of the dog. Mine are cocker spaniels weighing 10 & 11kg, just to give you a rough idea. Cats cost less to ship.

The £2271 covers:

Freight
I.A.T.A. Air Travel Containers
Airline Handling Fees
Delivery to Airport
Application for Import Permit
Application for Quarantine Space
Owners/Curators declaration
Application for Ministry of Agriculture Export Certificate
96 hour Paraciticide
Sealing of Air Kennels by Airport Vet
1 day Boarding

I don't know where you're travelling to but Perth Quarantine is busy until the end of January.

Both companies have sent out a load of info too so if you need to know any more pm me.
TJ
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Animals!

I have a cat and friends of ours used Golden Arrow Shippers too.
They were very satisified with the service and price.
I am going to use them next year. They quoted me £975 to ship my cat to the quarantine station at melbourne and £270 for 30 days quarantine costs.
Obviously I still have to price having my cat flown from melbourne to adelaide following being let loose from pet prison.
It does cost more if they pick your pet up from home.

Alison
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
We're taking our 2 dogs. I got in touch with Airpets (01753 685571, www.airpets.com) and Golden Arrow (01588 680414) last week. The Airpets quote came through the very next day (I was very impressed!). The cost for shipping them is £2271 :scared: . Quarantine will cost an additional $800, but I have to clarify with them if this is for 1 dog or 2, and we will also have to pay for all vets fees (blood tests etc). It's costing more for them to go than for us!! Couldn't be without them though . Costs will vary depending on the size of the dog. Mine are cocker spaniels weighing 10 & 11kg, just to give you a rough idea. Cats cost less to ship.

The £2271 covers:

Freight
I.A.T.A. Air Travel Containers
Airline Handling Fees
Delivery to Airport
Application for Import Permit
Application for Quarantine Space
Owners/Curators declaration
Application for Ministry of Agriculture Export Certificate
96 hour Paraciticide
Sealing of Air Kennels by Airport Vet
1 day Boarding

I don't know where you're travelling to but Perth Quarantine is busy until the end of January.

Both companies have sent out a load of info too so if you need to know any more pm me.
TJ
We used Airpets for our dog, they were great with one execption. They did not notify the quarantine people to pick him up from Melbourne airport. Other then that, great.

WSe could not have been without him so money well spent.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:21 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Do a search as this is a much raised topic.

We used Golden Arrow - highly recommend them.

They don't have a website but their info is on this forum somewhere!