Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:43 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

all i can say is that i feel sick....
how can people be so cruel?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:54 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
all i can say is that i feel sick....
how can people be so cruel?
Dont get me started on animal cruelty.

I was watching this programme about people killing elephants for their tusks and trying to shoot big cats for sport.

In Canada, I didnt like the hunting culture at all.

Number control yes, making a sport out of it and posing with the bodies no.

You have to stop watching after a while.

Its only when a species of animal gets wiped out, future generations will only see them in books.

And that is a shame.

I wonder what goes through the mind of someone that tortures an animal?

I never got use to seeing that in practice, and it was one of the reasons I left the vets.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:31 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Oh god!! That is just heartbreaking that someone could do that.....

Like someone else mentioned...I hope you got their rego number and reported that to the RSPCA also....Perhaps even contact one of the News programs?

I ran over a kitten once...it was late at night and it ran out in front of my car....I will never forget the sound it made and looking into the rear vision mirror before I could stop and seeing it limping off to the side of the road. I had nightmares about it for months...even now I still sometimes get the visual and the feelings back when I think about it.

Do what you can to try and get these monsters caught.

Hels
xxx
I hoped you stopped HELS , under sth Aust laws , you could be charged with "failing to render assistance"........can carry 10k fine or 6mths........ mm
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:37 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolutely horrific thing for anyone to see, how you didn't crash is beyond me. I feel so angry for you, hope you are feeling ok. I think the RSPCA should have more power to prosecute people who do such awful things.

I also have cats (2), one was a "free to good home" and she has always been a bit wary of men. We don't know if she was badly treated, but suspect she was. I have had her 8 1/2 years now, she loves me but I am the only one she trusts 100%. Even though the kids have been here all the time she is still unsure sometimes. Hubby spent a long while away (forces) and she, more often than not, leaves the room if he comes in. She is getting better though, slowly. Because of this and the fact that she is not good travelling I am going to leave them both here with the mother in law.

She lives on her own and with the other one for continuity I think that will be the best for her. Although it will break my heart to part with her.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hiya

I am really sorry that you had to go through that and also so sorry for the poor kittens. Like others have said, I just don't comprehend how people can do things like that. But I truly believe in Karma and I am sure he/she will get there cumuppance ( sorry that is a terrible spelling !)

This thread has made me feel my decision to leave my cats is a good one.

Nat
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Carla is an unknown quantity at this point

I also agree with everyone else's view points, it is heart breaking to hear what some people have done to animals.

We would like to move to Australia (am very new to this forum ) and we intend to take our 2 cats (family members) with us, but I have been made to feel so unsure that it would be the right thing to do. I also can't bear the thought of leaving them behind in the UK.

If we did take them with us, is it mandatory to keep them inside? my cats love having the freedom to come and go through their cat flap as much as they like. I would hate to have to keep them locked inside on such beautiful days they would thoroughly enjoy sun-bathing in the garden .

What advise can you give me?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

As far as I am concerned these bastards need their hands chopping off.
This sort of thing makes me sick.
From what I understand I too have heard that the Australians are not too bothered about their pets.
Although when on holiday in Greece many years ago I witnessed a young cat getting run over it was awful and the locals did not seem to give a damm.
I pray that whoever does these awful acts hope that something awful happens to them in the future you cannot forgive anyone for these type of crimes as far as I am concerned.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:44 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Carla
I also agree with everyone else's view points, it is heart breaking to hear what some people have done to animals.

We would like to move to Australia (am very new to this forum ) and we intend to take our 2 cats (family members) with us, but I have been made to feel so unsure that it would be the right thing to do. I also can't bear the thought of leaving them behind in the UK.

If we did take them with us, is it mandatory to keep them inside? my cats love having the freedom to come and go through their cat flap as much as they like. I would hate to have to keep them locked inside on such beautiful days they would thoroughly enjoy sun-bathing in the garden .

What advise can you give me?

I dont know about Australia law but cruelty to cats aside, depending on where you live, I would keep your cats confined purely for the wildlife.

Cats can do tremendous harm to Aussie wildlife and locals dont like seeing parrots/lorikeets being ripped apart.

I know how you feel about keeping them indoors if they are use to being outdoor cats but you can buy large cat pens that have a big outdoor run and shelter for your garden.

At least they can be outside, safe and not do harm to native species of animals.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I dont know about Australia law but cruelty to cats aside, depending on where you live, I would keep your cats confined purely for the wildlife.

Cats can do tremendous harm to Aussie wildlife and locals dont like seeing parrots/lorikeets being ripped apart.

I know how you feel about keeping them indoors if they are use to being outdoor cats but you can buy large cat pens that have a big outdoor run and shelter for your garden.

At least they can be outside, safe and not do harm to native species of animals.
Thanks for the info Professional Princess. I need to have a very serious chat with my husband and daughter about our options for our cats.

Take care
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:31 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Carla
Thanks for the info Professional Princess. I need to have a very serious chat with my husband and daughter about our options for our cats.

Take care

I will bring my cat Gordon but he is an indoor cat now so it wont make any difference to him.

He is naughty though.

Last night he was under the bed eyeing up my modem extension cable, which he likes to eat on a regular basis and to date has had three.

All I could see was his eyes brightly shining from under the bed.

I swear he was looking at me doing 'cut throat' signs to my cable.

Anyway, settled down to my laptop and out he crawls towards my cable.

'If you chew that you will be in trouble Gordon'

Looking up at me as if to say 'yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?'

Crouching down, he then takes the cable in his mouth to bite down on it. He doesnt feel as though he has done a proper job until internet connection is severed.

Chucking my laptop on the bed, I leant out of the bed, fell on the floor and frightened him enough to spit out the cable.

Hearing gulps and snorts come from the living room, hubby was creased up listening to the row between me and the great ginger one.

Gordon has promised me it wont happen again, or at least until I get the nice new ones from our drug reps at work.

On that note, both Gordon and his naughtiness will be going to Australia with us.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Have sent you some Karma, after experiancing such horrible sights.
How on earth do these people sleep at night?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a really awful thing to have had to witness. Maybe one day someone will throw them out of a car window.

Karma to you and the kitties.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:53 pm
Professional Princess

Lets hope the person that did this has his life ruined from here on.

Because it is totally unforgiveable.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I will bring my cat Gordon but he is an indoor cat now so it wont make any difference to him.

He is naughty though.

Last night he was under the bed eyeing up my modem extension cable, which he likes to eat on a regular basis and to date has had three.

All I could see was his eyes brightly shining from under the bed.

I swear he was looking at me doing 'cut throat' signs to my cable.

Anyway, settled down to my laptop and out he crawls towards my cable.

'If you chew that you will be in trouble Gordon'

Looking up at me as if to say 'yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?'

Crouching down, he then takes the cable in his mouth to bite down on it. He doesnt feel as though he has done a proper job until internet connection is severed.

Chucking my laptop on the bed, I leant out of the bed, fell on the floor and frightened him enough to spit out the cable.

Hearing gulps and snorts come from the living room, hubby was creased up listening to the row between me and the great ginger one.

Gordon has promised me it wont happen again, or at least until I get the nice new ones from our drug reps at work.

On that note, both Gordon and his naughtiness will be going to Australia with us.
Gordon sounds really cheeky.
We all absolutely adore our 2 cats (Jakey named after one of the Tweenies and Zizou named after the french footballer Zinadine Zidane) - one day I hope to have the honour of naming a pet (which knowing my luck would be the first huntsman I found!!!)
They both have their own individual characteristics which are so funny.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:15 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Does appear Aussie Courts don't talke animal cruelty particularly seriously..

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?from=storylhs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.