Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Animal Cruelty -Ba$tards

Originally Posted by renth
That's bang out of order.

Unfortunately it's not unusual at all, a lot of people seem to be cat haters over here. I've met quite a few people who have killed cats for fun.
I am not sure what's worse, that people do this or that they seem to be proud of the fact You should report them to the RSPCA!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:36 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Ceri
Bastards!
Do you know the make of the van, colour etc.
write into your local paper - someone else on that motorway may have seen it and got the number plate, but has not reported it thinking that someone else has reported it - you know what some people are like.
I didn't have chance to take any details Ceri as my main concern to be honest was the kitten...and then when I noticed the others...I was in shock and was worried about them too..so by the time I thought of it I was at the roundabout and the moran had driven off

And now I could kick myself for ditthering [why did I only think of these things afterwards ]

Besides this...I'm driving a manual car at the moment as our automatic is in the garage for repair.... and as I haven't driven a manual for 9 months I was concentrating on gear change [yes...stoopid I know but I'm a lousy driver]

So with swerving the car, then gaining control, then checking the kitten, then realising there were more....and seeing if they were OK [all dead] and concentrating on my driving......blah, blah, blah....I never got chance to catch up with the pillock

Now I'm angry with myself for not getting the info

God what I'd like to do with a toffee hammer and that man's knackers[or maybe it was a woman? ]

I'm so frustrated with myself now....I wonder if anyone else saw it? Maybe it will be on the local news? For info it was on the Brisbane highway...Gold coast bound....just going over the logan bridge.....

I hope they find out who did it RSPCA are on the case as we speak.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz

I'm so frustrated with myself now....I wonder if anyone else saw it? Maybe it will be on the local news? For info it was on the Brisbane highway...Gold coast bound....just going over the logan bridge.....

I dont think it will be on the news its pretty common here You know those charity bins, where you could dontate unwanted items, they Kept finding them full of dumped animals (other stuff too) , but one of the main reasons they were taken away .

I dont even like the pet shops here had to go to maroochydore this morning there were 4 german shepards in the tiny window box, one was obviously shaking, they had no food or water, no toys nothing, the small one in the litter became the toy and was really getting beaten up, I know dogs play but it was awful, they were so bored and distressed
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:17 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I dont think it will be on the news its pretty common here. You know those charity bins, where you could dontate unwanted items, they Kept finding them full of dumped animals (other stuff too) , but one of the main reasons they were taken away .

I dont even like the pet shops here had to go to maroochydore this morning there were 4 german shepards in the tiny window box, one was obviously shaking, they had no food or water, no toys nothing, the small one in the litter became the toy and was really getting beaten up, I know dogs play but it was awful, they were so bored and distressed
Strangely enough someone here at work mentioned the charity bin issue too

Re the pet shops:I agree as I've also seen the 'runts' being bulllied by the other pups,which is natural of course. The main thing I've noticed is that the cost of these puppies/kittens seems sky high....so that may dissuade impulse buying but to be honest when I've seen the "make" of dog....they seem dodgy to me..i.e not quite typical looking of that certain breed. I haven't seen one yet where I've thought they were "normal" for the breed in question

It can't be good for pups or kittens either to be man-handled or on show all day? I know from experience they need lots of rest and piece and quiet. I've no doubt some people buy them from pet shops and love them to bits..[I know of a couple of people who do]....but I personally think whilst ever you are able to buy dogs/cats like cans of beans....then some people will treat them like disposables.

Rant over....it's really pissed me off today that has.

God help anyone who's got an untied dog in the back of their ute on my way home...I'm likely to ram the ute down their bloody throat

Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:19 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I didn't have chance to take any details Ceri as my main concern to be honest was the kitten...and then when I noticed the others...I was in shock and was worried about them too..so by the time I thought of it I was at the roundabout and the moran had driven off

And now I could kick myself for ditthering [why did I only think of these things afterwards ]

Besides this...I'm driving a manual car at the moment as our automatic is in the garage for repair.... and as I haven't driven a manual for 9 months I was concentrating on gear change [yes...stoopid I know but I'm a lousy driver]

So with swerving the car, then gaining control, then checking the kitten, then realising there were more....and seeing if they were OK [all dead] and concentrating on my driving......blah, blah, blah....I never got chance to catch up with the pillock

Now I'm angry with myself for not getting the info

God what I'd like to do with a toffee hammer and that man's knackers[or maybe it was a woman? ]

Don't kick yourself, it is not your fault.

I know what is like.

Sh*te last time - I had a black bin liner full of a couple of days old kittens dumped ( tiny things no hair) - I was out in my nightclothes ( in a storm ) at 2 am , no time to dress trying to rescue these poor kittens - in tears.

I hate cruelty to anything, animal or human.

And I don't understand people who do it.

Chin up girl , you did all that you could at the time. And thank gawd all people are not sick as those b*stards.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I do some volunteer work for our local animal shelter which has a 'no euthanasia' policy (which I am not sure I agree with but it's their policy). Anyway, the dogs are rehomed fairly quickly but not cats. Statistically, over 80% of cats collected by the RSPCA are euthanised so it is mind boggling to me how pet shops are still allowed to sell them my shelter is fighting to try and get the law changed but nothing so far
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I do some volunteer work for our local animal shelter which has a 'no euthanasia' policy (which I am not sure I agree with but it's their policy). Anyway, the dogs are rehomed fairly quickly but not cats. Statistically, over 80% of cats collected by the RSPCA are euthanised so it is mind boggling to me how pet shops are still allowed to sell them my shelter is fighting to try and get the law changed but nothing so far
don't hold your breath shellfish for the laws to be changed. It's not a vote puller like war, or taxes.

Animals are treated like toys by a lot of people, chuck them out when they get bored, and can't cope with them , and realise they cost money when the animals grow up etc ( besides the kittens because the "thick s*tes don't snip them - money and can't be bothered - don't care full stop). you also have here with me, an influx of "strays" at christmas - hellooo kennels cost money,( people going away for the summer, and dumping their pets)

And please anyone who really cares and
wants a dog or a cat as a pet,will you please,please go to the shelters for one " rescue one off death row" and not from a breeder, or a pet shop - If you want a pedigree dog like a Blue heeler etc- there are plenty of them in the dogs home. Why buy one from who deals in life to make money- go to the shelters.

my own Aussie cat - spent years being passed around, a year living in the vets taking blood out of him for other cats . He donated a kidney for my other cat ( kidney transplant) and was recommended that I do not need to take on this donor cat, he was deemed as aggressive , couldn't be adopted out.
They were not going to wake him up !!!!) - excuse me I thought - everything deserves a chance. I don't believe any animal is bad - it's the owners who make them aggresive - with time if you have the patience, you can solve this.

It took me time, but he is a soft "puddy cat" now

I've had animals all my life ( sh*te I though my mum and dad was a
cat and a dog lol) - used to sleep with me in the cot - first pics I have of myself there's a cats ass in face lol.

makes me angry cruelty.

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 6th 2005 at 5:23 am.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:47 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Ceri
Don't kick yourself, it is not your fault.

I know what is like.

Sh*te last time - I had a black bin liner full of a couple of days old kittens dumped ( tiny things no hair) - I was out in my nightclothes ( in a storm ) at 2 am , no time to dress trying to rescue these poor kittens - in tears.

I hate cruelty to anything, animal or human.

And I don't understand people who do it.

Chin up girl , you did all that you could at the time. And thank gawd all people are not sick as those b*stards.
Thanks for your kind words Ceri. Much appreciated. I do feel like a bag of crap at the mo. I agree that any cruelty to animals or humans is totally uncalled for

I've rescued all sorts of animals in my time but all were wild animals. God knows...I even tried to save a slow-worm once in Devon [bloody ugly lizard/snaky thing it was too...but I loved it ...my mum didn't ...thankfully she was on the loo when I brought it home:scared: ]

As you said, we need to put this into perspective. I know lots of Aussies who are real animal lovers and who are responsible and look after their pets very well. Thank goodness it's only a mindless few who behave this way

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:31 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sitting here looking at my my two curled up round my feet and thinking that soemone could do something like you saw just turns my stomach.

I sincerely hope these sick individuals do get caught. Oh to tie them to the back of the car and drag them down the freeway for a few kilometres! Just a thought, knowing Aussie freeways wonder if there are any cameras, hopefully the RSPCA might find out.

So many people seem to forget that pets are a responsibility and deserve a loving caring home, they give back what you put in a hundred times over.

My two were rescue cats (had them 8 years in two weeks) and whoever had them as kittens had hit them with a belt, even now 8 years later they still run if I take the belt of my trousers to get changed. They are the two most loving animals and if anyone did anything to them I really wouldn't be responsible for my actions, ok some people don't like cats but you can scare them off your garden without hurting them.

As an aside I was terrified letting my two out the last few months in the UK, there was/is some very disturbed person loose in the Sussex area who was decapitating cats and dumping them back on owner's doorsteps,

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/...NEWS100ZM.html

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/.../NEWS30ZM.html
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:36 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyclark
I hate to "Badge" people, but i have heard the Auziees arent great animal lovers. This worried me greatly as I have a cat, who I would kill for, he is part of my family, and should anyone hurt him, itl be their last!! Sorry to hear you had to witness that, if it were me, i would have chased the Van, and ended up in the Cells for GBH. It would have affected me for life..lets hope that he or she will sometime soon die a slow and painful death..and Lets hope that was a one off and not inherent of people there. In my eyes animals are better than humans, I so would like to tortue that person or people who do this sort of thing.

Hope you can get this out of your head, guess it makes you harder in life. I would welcome anybody else who thinks this happens a lot, cuz if it is, im staying put!! I think we should be proud were a nation of animal lovers, in the main anyway. Tony

Unfortunately animal cruelty in Australia seems to be all too common . I know a lot of people over here who own cats prefer to keep them indoors whever possible so that they know they won't get beaten by any local gang of youths roaming the street or shot with air rifles etc. etc.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:55 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

God how horrible! I hope it doesnt cause you too many nightmares.
As part of our neighbourhood watch group we have someone who keeps a note of who has what pets around here, and any cruelty reports to the police are directed to them so they can let other pet owners know to keep their pets indoors until the problem is sorted. After a couple of small dogs owned by pensioners were savaged by Akitas recently, we have an unofficial note of who has akitas, so if anyone has a problem with one we can let the police know where to go knocking!! Our local inspector has told us this is illegal.....but its helped our community bobby sort our several problems very quickly.

yes, im a curtain twitcher, but i know whats going on in my neighbuorhood and any animal cruelty is quickly sorted and is almost at a zero level round here now.

PUK2Oz - report the incident to the police anyway, they wont be able to do anything about it, but its on record and if it happens again, next time somene may get a number plate to report and the police may be able to match up the incidents (I presume the police in aus have a similar incident reporting system like we have?)

sue
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:50 am
Professional Princess

Its interesting because a veterinary journal I use to contribute to, published a survey about the link between animal cruelty and human cruelty.

People that deliberatly harm animals usually have little or no regard for harming humans.

It has also been said that in houses where animals have been purposely harmed/tortured by the adults, the children have usually been the victims of abuse too.

Where children/teenagers purposely harm animals, this escalates into bullying and victimisation of other children too.

And worse still, there was a poster with 'Kick the dog - control the wife' which described how many men will beat/torture their dog as a method of controlling their partner.

When someone knows how much their partner loves their beloved pet, they take control measures by hurting the animal.

And as in the UK, alot of refuges dont take dogs, the woman is too scared to leave the dog behind and stays with the abuser.

As I said, animal abuse and human abuse go hand in hand.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo, that is SERIOUSLY SICK! - Scary....

The even scarier thing is that this type of animal cruelty is often a precursor to doing the same sort of thing to people. Apparently lots of serial killers start by killing and torturing animals.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Scossie
Dirty F**king low life Ba$tards!!

I'd go with Hels idea, & contact some local TV / radio news stations.
They may be able to put some kind of appeal on air to see if someone
got the rego number of this scum!

We've got 2 cats, & if I ever caught anybody being cruel to them, I'd probably end up in court on a GBH charge!!
Good luck in finding the F**ker......
Scossie, Were heading to Perth, Are your cats safe?, do you feel they are?
Like you, I would do a lot of damage to anybody who hurt my cat or anybodys come to that. Would like to know if anybody else has cats in Perth and are happy that they are safe. Tony
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:17 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Scossie, Were heading to Perth, Are your cats safe?, do you feel they are?
Like you, I would do a lot of damage to anybody who hurt my cat or anybodys come to that. Would like to know if anybody else has cats in Perth and are happy that they are safe. Tony
I'm a cat lover, but I wouldn't have a cat in Australia for three reasons, firstly I'd be worried about the locals torturing and killing it, seriously, secondly there are quite a few snakes where we live and thirdly they kill native species, many of which are rare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.