Reload this Page >

Anger on our roads

Wikiposts

Anger on our roads

Old May 5th 2003, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well I tried all tastes differ my wife could not cope with a crapadore , parking would freak her out .
Looking at the roads the Australia driver is changing his/her tastes , the two car country is opening up to overseas models and smaller cars are more common.
I also have dreams about a Jag an old E type would do , once you past 40 your youth catches up with you , the dreamers are right I am a sad old bugger.

Parking never been an issue for me, I learnt to drive in a Range Rover and am used to parking a Discovery (now there's a real work horse) or Transit van complete with Horse trailer in tow!! One thing I do miss though is being high up. Took me a while to get used to the Volvo we had as it was so low. You never know we might end up getting a second hand Range Rover or Discovery one day.

Sorry wasn't too keen on the E type, got a lot of respect for them though. I do like the XJ220 but a bit out of my league!!

Mandy
Old May 5th 2003, 4:50 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Slippers
Like Inspector Morse? Are you picturing downing bitter, listening to classical music, living in Oxford, solving crimes - "The Case of the Missing Brickie?"

Cheers old chap - your posts give me many laughs I must say.

Slippers
I do love the program and did run the down to Oxford more than once when we lived in the Midlands, sad day when John died of cancer a great actor and a great man.
To put an old head on young shouders was my aim bring up my son and I rail roaded him into Uni , which has set him up for life .
He has done what I rebeled against my reward has been a son who judges a person on what degree they have.
Never mind I get more of life and love a beer , nice to know you smile at my ramblings better than bust a gut.

Best Wishes PB

Old May 5th 2003, 4:58 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
Parking never been an issue for me, I learnt to drive in a Range Rover and am used to parking a Discovery (now there's a real work horse) or Transit van complete with Horse trailer in tow!! One thing I do miss though is being high up. Took me a while to get used to the Volvo we had as it was so low. You never know we might end up getting a second hand Range Rover or Discovery one day.

Sorry wasn't too keen on the E type, got a lot of respect for them though. I do like the XJ220 but a bit out of my league!!

Mandy
Have driven a Range Rover good car nice position above the road but fuel hungery , my biggest hate on the roads was Transit vans no offence the world be a better place without them.
This van was built by idiots and in most cases driven by them , not seen the newer ones but had a fair few run ins with the older models and the monkeys who get paid to drive them as a job.

Old May 5th 2003, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

I do love the program and did run the down to Oxford more than once when we lived in the Midlands, sad day when John died of cancer a great actor and a great man.
To put an old head on young shouders was my aim bring up my son and I rail roaded him into Uni , which has set him up for life .
He has done what I rebeled against my reward has been a son who judges a person on what degree they have.
Never mind I get more of life and love a beer , nice to know you smile at my ramblings better than bust a gut.

Best Wishes PB

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed his performance in every thing I have seen him in - even the stuff that he was probably doing just to buy Sheila Hancock's birthday present. Still, I used to say that about Michael Caine and then he went and made some films that Bernie Breslaw would have knocked back when he got a butcher's at the script so what can you say?

It's funny what you say about uni. I must say that many of the cleverest people I have ever met never wore a long scarf and pushed a hopsital bed around central London for charity - Michael Faraday, though I never met him of course - he lived over the river and you know South London and cab drivers - was a very famous uni of life man with school colours of black and blue. On the other hand, some of the biggest idiots you could imagine managed to get a degree from the particular seat of learning I attended. I did quite well myself.

Slippers
Old May 5th 2003, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Have driven a Range Rover good car nice position above the road but fuel hungery , my biggest hate on the roads was Transit vans no offence the world be a better place without them.
This van was built by idiots and in most cases driven by them , not seen the newer ones but had a fair few run ins with the older models and the monkeys who get paid to drive them as a job.

I know what you mean about the old trannies! We had one to do collections and deliveries for the family business (Dog kennels), it was reliable and easy to maintain but extremely under powered with its 2L petrol engine especially as it was fitted out with fibreglass and purpose built cages inside adding to its weight. I remember taking my two horses to a show once using the tranny to tow. I had two large horses in the trailer and there was a bit of ice on the hill just up the road, the bloody thing only started slipping backwards down the hill, barely made it to the top!! Very tricky moment. I absolutley dispised the 'white van drivers' and it wasn't just trannies, my brother was the worlds worst van driver with his plumbing business! the equivilant here is the 'white ute drivers'!!lol. And of course PB I haven't taken it personally when you said all van drivers are idiots, I know you don't see me as an idiot!!

My parents old range rover (1980's A reg, not sure on exact year) used to do 18 mph, now that is sad considering the price of fuel in the UK, although that was when it was a bit cheaper!

Mandy
Old May 5th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
My choice if I had a small family would be a secondhand Toyota Tarago , loads of room and would able to fit the kids in and their Mates no problem .
This car is proved and very well made and could be used to carry a big load , great for camping

Thanks PB - at least you`ve confirmed that ONE decision we`ve made since we arrived here has been right - we`re the proud owners of a Tarago and I have to say that it`s a great car! (Mind you, it`s not as good as the Galaxy we had in the UK).

Unfortunately it`s been raining very heavily in Brisbane today, so all the "burn up" maniacs are out there in their super-charged utes doing wheelspins, donuts, etc. etc. - nearly got killed 3 times today and that was only on the way to school!!!