Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ancient Chinese method of cupping!!

Ancient Chinese method of cupping!!

Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Ancient Chinese method of cupping!!

Hi
Just wondered if anyone has tried this therapy, My doctor suggested I try it for a shoulder injury first, if it doesn't work then i have to have a steroid injection. Got an appointment tomorrow to have it done, so will see if it works.

Yve
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:04 am
BLC

Default Re: Ancient Chinese method of cupping!!

Originally Posted by abergas
Hi
Just wondered if anyone has tried this therapy, My doctor suggested I try it for a shoulder injury first, if it doesn't work then i have to have a steroid injection. Got an appointment tomorrow to have it done, so will see if it works.

Yve
Yes, once instead of acupuncture in Ozzie, jury is out whether it worked, just had a VERY bruised and sore back - see Gwyneth Paltrow! :scared:

Good luck
B

Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Yve
Load of old twaddle if you ask me. Now acupuncture, thats a different matter and works very well in my opinion. I've had it on many occassions for different things and found it really good for pain relief.

However, the practitioners vary alot. The best treatment I received was from a physio that did 'the pins' rather than an Acupuncturist.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:29 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I do alot of cupping with Dagboy, but thats not for a sore shoulder. Lots of spooning as well
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:38 am
ABCDiamond

Hi

Yve
Have you considered if laser acupuncture (no needles), is an option. It worked very well for my tennis elbow.

Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I do alot of cupping with Dagboy, but thats not for a sore shoulder. Lots of spooning as well

LOL !!!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

LOL !!!!!!!

yep have had regular cupping sessions!!!

no really, i have accupuncture for my back and then when the needles are out, they put some heat underneath the cups and attatch to the back!

feels strange and a little uncomfortable until they come off but good afterwards.

the only thing is, don't think you'll be able to show some skin, cos you have big circles, like love bites all over!!

i personally would recommend, and lets face it, if you can put up with accupuncture, cupping will be easy!

good luck and let us know

debs x
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:03 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
yep have had regular cupping sessions!!!

no really, i have accupuncture for my back and then when the needles are out, they put some heat underneath the cups and attatch to the back!

feels strange and a little uncomfortable until they come off but good afterwards.

the only thing is, don't think you'll be able to show some skin, cos you have big circles, like love bites all over!!

i personally would recommend, and lets face it, if you can put up with accupuncture, cupping will be easy!

good luck and let us know

debs x
Ohhhhhhh not the sort of cupping that I do with Dagboy! Oooooops

Well I have had the chinese sort of cupping as well, one thing I remember is that it bloody hurt! :scared: And agree with the red mark comment as well.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhhhh not the sort of cupping that I do with Dagboy! Oooooops

Well I have had the chinese sort of cupping as well, one thing I remember is that it bloody hurt! :scared: And agree with the red mark comment as well.

ohhhhh, mrs dagboy how naughty are you

yep, definately hurts but i didn't say that in case it put her off!!!

Last edited by debbiemc; Aug 12th 2005 at 9:38 am.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by debbiemc
ohhhhh, mr dagboy how naughty are you

yep, definately hurts but i didn't say that in case it put her off!!!
Very naughty, so Dagboy tells me all the time anyway .

As for the pain, well you really have to try it to see if you like it I guess :scared: .
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

When I read the title of the thread:-

firstly: thought same as you (great minds think alike, eh?! )
secondly: you're a perve (suppose that includes me!!!)
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:32 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by steandleigh
When I read the title of the thread:-

firstly: thought same as you (great minds think alike, eh?! )
secondly: you're a perve (suppose that includes me!!!)
I am the biggest perve when it comes to my husband that you can ever imagine. Cant help it .
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I am the biggest perve when it comes to my husband that you can ever imagine. Cant help it .
I prescribe cold showers when on a public forum, Mrs D.

(Am off to perve on me own Hubby!!! - Phwoarrrrrr!!!! )
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Yve
My osteopath decided to use it one day. He said it will be a little sore when he did it , as I was looking at the floor not taking too much notice, then the pain :scared: .

When I got to work I looked at my back and it was covered in black/red circles where he had moved the cups across my back. The bruises lasted for weeks.

Not to be repeated.

But there again it could work for you.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Well Im back, yes it really hurt I wasnt ready for that amount of pain, they taught me a breathing exercise to help, which i did until the pain eased, I now have a rather large bruise on my neck, and a black shoulder, some herbal anti inflammatory stuck to me as well for 24 hours, this guy said I have ripped the muscles in my shoulder, Ive been told not to use this arm for 3 days, and go back and see him on wednesday, which i will do, Im not going to say it does or it doesn't work until a few weeks time. Everything he said about the chinese way of healing made sense, so im going to do as im told and just rest this weekend. more news later
yve :scared: