Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:31 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Just thought I'd pass on here, as of 11th Feb, Amazon.co.uk are doing free super saver shipping to Australia, subject to a few conditions:
  • Order value over £25
  • All items on the order qualify for super saver shipping
  • All items need to be bundled into one shipping
Don't forget, Amazon remove the VAT for many items shipped to Australia, meaning you can get that 20% off the price.

Unfortunately I'm sure that many things will be caught out by Amazon's policies on what they will and won't ship to Australia, but books and DVDs are known to be OK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200627060
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Originally Posted by GarryP
Just thought I'd pass on here, as of 11th Feb, Amazon.co.uk are doing free super saver shipping to Australia, subject to a few conditions:
  • Order value over £25
Don't forget, Amazon remove the VAT for many items shipped to Australia, meaning you can get that 20% off the price.

Unfortunately I'm sure that many things will be caught out by Amazon's policies on what they will and won't ship to Australia, but books and DVDs are known to be OK.

Nice heads-up, ta
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

cool, i still have some chrissy pounds burning a hole in my pocket
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:38 am
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Thanks very much for the info!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:07 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Now we just need amazon.com to offer the same deal. Not much point in free shipping if I have to pay a higher price due to currency difference.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

• Order value over £25

Great news. Thanks for the tip off.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

• Order value over £25

Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:47 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Now we just need amazon.com to offer the same deal. Not much point in free shipping if I have to pay a higher price due to currency difference.
Not following you there. Strong Aus Dollar..makes it cheap?

But thanks to the OP for the info. Good eggs at Amazon!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff, thanks for the info!

EDIT: Looks like the only eligible products are Books, DVD's etc, I was hoping clothing would also be possible but it seems not, still great for books!

Last edited by freebo; Feb 12th 2011 at 4:41 am.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Great stuff, thanks for the info!

EDIT: Looks like the only eligible products are Books, DVD's etc, I was hoping clothing would also be possible but it seems not, still great for books!
I'm living in hope that one day Amazon will be able to ship clothes, electronics etc to Aus (my poor long-suffering sister will no longer have to spend her life in the Post office forwarding things ) but for me even just books, dvds, and cds is a big saving

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 12th 2011 at 5:31 am.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:34 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Amazon UK - free Super Saver shipping to Oz

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Not following you there. Strong Aus Dollar..makes it cheap?
Not as cheap as buying from the American site, where my Aus dollar is worth even more. If I buy from the UK, I'm fighting a stronger currency.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:09 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Not as cheap as buying from the American site, where my Aus dollar is worth even more. If I buy from the UK, I'm fighting a stronger currency.
Hmm, don't want to get in to a big hoo haa, but US prices for this type of thing seem to not usually be much better (particularly when you consider the Region 1/A issues). Other things maybe.

Taking a item at random, the forthcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 blu-ray triple pack looks like this:

Amazon US
US$24.99, which is A$24.92 or A$32.86 after the p+p

Amazon UK
£12.74, which is £10.61 minus the VAT or A$16.94 and no p+p if the total order is more than £25

JB Hifi
A$39.98

So the UK price is cheaper, even without the zero p+p - and the Australian price is....high.

Since UK has no VAT on books, these aren't as much of a win as blu-rays/DVDs, but it will still give Book Depository pause for thought. Like Pollyana, I really wish they did this deal on more items, particularly heavy electronics.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Not sure about above statement

Just bought a few books from Amazon UK inc Tony Parsons - Men from the boys £3.99 vs $10.54 on Amazon.com
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, don't want to get in to a big hoo haa, but US prices for this type of thing seem to not usually be much better (particularly when you consider the Region 1/A issues). Other things maybe.

Taking a item at random, the forthcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 blu-ray triple pack looks like this:

Amazon US
US$24.99, which is A$24.92 or A$32.86 after the p+p

Amazon UK
£12.74, which is £10.61 minus the VAT or A$16.94 and no p+p if the total order is more than £25

JB Hifi
A$39.98

So the UK price is cheaper, even without the zero p+p - and the Australian price is....high.

Since UK has no VAT on books, these aren't as much of a win as blu-rays/DVDs, but it will still give Book Depository pause for thought. Like Pollyana, I really wish they did this deal on more items, particularly heavy electronics.
In saying that though, aren't DVD's regional so you'd be buying UK ones which wont always play in our Oz DVD players?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.