Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

amazon.co.uk - Australian equivalent?!

amazon.co.uk - Australian equivalent?!

Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Big Ellie! is on a distinguished road
Question amazon.co.uk - Australian equivalent?!

I was wanting to send some presents to friends in Australia - is there an Australian equivalent of Amazon over there?
Thanks Jo
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: amazon.co.uk - Australian equivalent?!

Originally Posted by Big Ellie!
I was wanting to send some presents to friends in Australia - is there an Australian equivalent of Amazon over there?
Thanks Jo
This says no: http://danny.oz.au/books/amazon.html

but how about this http://www.bookworm.com.au/bookworm/

or search google australia, you'll probably find many alternatives.

Phil
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:57 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

You can buy stuff from cd-wow.co.uk and they will post it to aus for free.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Big Ellie! is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Stormz
Thanks for that! Will add to my favourites!
I use Toys r Us & ELC (Early Learning Centre) a fair bit in the UK to send presents to friend's children - can anyone recommend something similar in Australia?!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:41 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

There`s a Toys `r Us in Aus, but the website is gret looking but not very helpful. Woolworths is in Aus.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:48 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

I use Toys r Us & ELC (Early Learning Centre) a fair bit in the UK to send presents to friend's children - can anyone recommend something similar in Australia?!
Yep.......... here you go........www.peedeetoys.com.au who are based somewhere in Victoria.

They will wrap, pack and deliver.

Jim
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Hi they have ELC in Australia as well. www.earlylearningcentre.com.au
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave and linda
Hi they have ELC in Australia as well. www.earlylearningcentre.com.au
Thanks for that. Something to be careful of is the soft plastic used in teethers. The cheap stuff uses phthalates which are banned in the EU because they are carcinogenic. As the ELC stuff is sold in Europe it should be fine.

For books www.dymocks.com.au is the main online shop. They also are probably Australias bigest bookseller closely followed by Borders.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:28 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: amazon.co.uk - Australian equivalent?!

Originally Posted by Stormz

Yeah I used this company to get all my Peter Kay dvds shipped ova....sad i know! Also i got a PS2 game and a memory card which cost less than they do here. In the Uk i used Amazon all the time due to their prices.....but this service is just as competative.....

They took 7 to 10 days to arrive.....to Australia..... takes upto 5 days to arrive for goods going to the UK

boomie
x
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:32 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bondipom]Thanks for that. Something to be careful of is the soft plastic used in teethers. The cheap stuff uses phthalates which are banned in the EU because they are carcinogenic.

YUK.... I sometimes wander about dummies... While in Cyprus on holiday I bought a pack of teethers for my youngest as we had lost 1 while out. They were made of latex. Is this something we should be putting into babies mouths???