Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amazing coincidences

Wikiposts

Amazing coincidences

Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:12 am
Go Banana's !!

Gets even wierder when you have friends who's husbands, you've - eh eerm - known ...................

Anyone got one of those stories ?

Jill

Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Servant24kids
We were in NZ over Christmas.

Whilst in Nelson, we climbed a steep hill in a park which is supposed to be the 'centre' of New Zealand. As we watched the sun set at the top, a couple with English accents struggled to the top. They were from our town, a little town of 12,000 in Essex.

Such a weird feeling.

subliminaly the words 12000 have been mentioned 3 times so far !!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Gets even wierder when you have friends who's husbands, you've - eh eerm - known ...................

Jill
Come on Jill - spill the beans
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

A couple of years ago, we were on holiday in Ibiza. Went on one of them stupid `Hoe Down` excursions. Kids had to get dressed as cowboys and keep shouting Yeeeehaaaa. Anyway the bloody noisy kids sitting next to us (apart from my kids) were my eldest sons best friend fron school.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:42 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Jill

Yea c'mon Jill you can't just leave it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petra
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:00 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

My wierdest would be last May. I was in Brisbane airport and as I walked past the baggage reclaim I bumped into my Mum and Dad.
:scared:
Oh - hang on - I had gone there to pick them up - doh!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

sven37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Or the double glazing man.....

Jill

:scared:
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Amazing coincidences

Originally posted by podgypossum
I was at the marina yesterday having lunch with several other expat wives. I went into the cafe to buy a drink. Whilst waiting, a man appeared in the doorway.

Suddenly, he yelled "AHA!!..English accent..has to be Nicki!" ...to my complete astonishment, it was one of the drivers who worked for me back in UK!!!!!...he is here on holiday with his girlfriend who also worked for me in my office. I am still in a state of shock.

Now, what are the odds of two people meeting 12,000 miles from home, who lived in the same street and worked together, being in the same place at the same time 5yrs after saying goodbye!! :scared:

Anyone else had this happen?

P.S. he now wants me to help him get into Oz permanently..LOL

And will you ?......
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:50 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by podgypossum
I was at the marina yesterday having lunch with several other expat wives. I went into the cafe to buy a drink. Whilst waiting, a man appeared in the doorway.

Suddenly, he yelled "AHA!!..English accent..has to be Nicki!" ...to my complete astonishment, it was one of the drivers who worked for me back in UK!!!!!...he is here on holiday with his girlfriend who also worked for me in my office. I am still in a state of shock.

Now, what are the odds of two people meeting 12,000 miles from home, who lived in the same street and worked together, being in the same place at the same time 5yrs after saying goodbye!! :scared:

Anyone else had this happen?

P.S. he now wants me to help him get into Oz permanently..LOL
A couple of years after first arriving in OZ, I woke up in Hospital one day, after a little accident, and the guy in the other bed in the room called my name and said hello. I lay there stunned, as he was a friend from the UK, that I hadn't seen for years. These strange things do happen.

Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:54 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by debsy
Come on Jill - spill the beans
No I still have nightmares :scared:

jill

Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:05 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill, you tease .......

I once flew to Sydney and went into an irish pub.
12.000 pints later i found that I was really pissed
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeannie
And will you ?......

I would love to help him as he's a nice guy, but not sure if i can. Although he has money coming out of his ears (he dabbles in the stockmarket and has got lucky SEVERAL times!!) he doesnt have skilled qualifications or family out here. I doubt he could get a business visa as he's still officially a taxi driver....LOL

If anyone has any ideas let me know!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

A really weird thing happened in Jan of this year. I was at work and serving customers when in walks a girl I went through school with and we used to play together when we were youngsters. We lived in the same area and always new each other. After leaving school we lost touch...as you do..and didn't see each other really for 20 years...until January that is.
We get talking and I happen to mention we're emigrating and the conversation went like this;

'we're hopefully emigrating this year' said I
'so are we' she said
'we're off to Perth' I say
'us too....oh and Maggie and her family as well (another girl we went to school with)'

The other customers in the shop must've thought we were mental patients on day release we were so excited by this!!

well, a long story short it turns out that we're all heading for Perth, to an area called Carramar, both our husbands are in Printing, our daughters have the same birth date and to top that I've been reading her posts on here for ages without knowing it was her...she's brummiebird!

How weird would it have been if we'd not had this conversation, turned up in Carramar, walked down the street and bumped into each other!!

Small world eh?
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road

Tracy,

I was just about to post our story when i had read them all, and there it was the last story!!!!!

Another spooky coincidence

PS Its starting to freak me out now!!!!

pps you havent slept with my hubbie have you
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

We arrived in Perth in June 1998 absolutely broke (after spending most of our money in NZ!) Needless to say it was imperative that one of both of us got a job asap. Hubby went off to join computery agencies and lo and behold the lady who answered the phone of the very first one he rang happened to be the same person who had found him his job in Manchester after graduating. Unfortunately she didn't find him one in Perth . . . but he did get one eventually.

Mummy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.