Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Amaysim - Any experiences

Amaysim - Any experiences

Old May 18th 2012, 3:50 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Amaysim - Any experiences

Hi...........................

http://www.amaysim.com.au/mobile-pla...unlimited.html

I want to get off the plane, pop into a 7/11 or petrol station, purchase the Amaysim unlimited plan along with a $2 Amaysim SIM card, pop the SIM card into my phone call them up, Amaysim customer services and activate the SIM card over the phone, as i will not have any access to the internet.

Is this possible? Also can i switch the SIM card between my phone and laptop dongle, whether making calls or using the internet? I ask because with the Amaysim unlimited plan, well you get 4 GiG of data, and the Amaysim unlimited plan allows you to tether to you laptop. Any experiences?

Also are there any outlets which sell SIM packs like these in the Kangaroo Point area which are open late and within walking distance of the Storey Bridge Hotel?

Thanks
Old May 18th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: Amaysim - Any experiences

Originally Posted by carling black label
Hi...........................

http://www.amaysim.com.au/mobile-pla...unlimited.html

I want to get off the plane, pop into a 7/11 or petrol station, purchase the Amaysim unlimited plan along with a $2 Amaysim SIM card, pop the SIM card into my phone call them up, Amaysim customer services and activate the SIM card over the phone, as i will not have any access to the internet.

Is this possible? Also can i switch the SIM card between my phone and laptop dongle, whether making calls or using the internet? I ask because with the Amaysim unlimited plan, well you get 4 GiG of data, and the Amaysim unlimited plan allows you to tether to you laptop. Any experiences?

Also are there any outlets which sell SIM packs like these in the Kangaroo Point area which are open late and within walking distance of the Storey Bridge Hotel?

Thanks
Hi
I use amaysim and have found them to be good.
just to add i bought mine from a petrol station.
Old May 18th 2012, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

We have an Amaysim plan, it's excellent value.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:35 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Another very good reason to consider starting out via an Amaysim SIM card is that if you order a delivered version by post (minimum cost $5 with $5 credit) from the website they give you a big searchable range of possible numbers.

So you can keep things very simple and select matched sets of numbers like:
04XX-XXX-X01
04XX-XXX-X02
04XX-XXX-X03
etc

So now I can not only remember my own number but keep a couple of other very similar memorable numbers for family members and guests

Just use up the $5 credit inside the 90 days (or whatever it is). Then when you get the required proof for a contract phone you just port the number across. Simples!

The SMH site had a good mobile phone contract plan selector.
Google "Compare Mobile Phones and Plans - SMH" mobile-phones.smh.com.au or similar, (sorry my TPG internet playing up right now)

Last edited by crawling; May 18th 2012 at 11:51 pm. Reason: Spelink erorz
Old May 19th 2012, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Got an Amaysim card in my Ipad for when i can't access wifi and never had any trouble whatsoever .Less than $10 for 1gb/mth and better still if you feel as though you don't require it for a while just let it lapse (as there's no contract ,) then when need be start it up again on the same number.Big thumbs up from me
Old May 19th 2012, 2:31 am
Banned

kmthor - mackay is an unknown quantity at this point

From what i have heard the 1300 and 1800 are NOT free with Amaysim but they are with optus boost

km
Old May 19th 2012, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

I use Amaysim for my mobile, it's really cheap - every month they send me an email saying 'you haven't used much this month, we'll send you a bill next month..' I think I get a bill every 3 months. Haven't used it for data though as I don't have a smartphone or Ipad !!
Old May 19th 2012, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kmthor - mackay
From what i have heard the 1300 and 1800 are NOT free with Amaysim but they are with optus boost

km
My daughter has Amaysim and now you can use 1300 and 1800 for free. But that is a recent change.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:31 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

By the way thanks for all the replies..................

Anyone help me out here?

I am going to order the Amaysim online while i am here in the UK, i have an address in Brisbane where i will be staying for a couple of weeks, and the manager said she will keep an eye out for any post addressed to me, and sign for it.....It just means it will be there waiting for me and all activated when i land; so i can just pop it in to my phone or dongle......No activation needed....

What would you order, i want the Amaysim unlimited plan, so i can alternate the SIM card between my phone and my dongle......So any experiences? Also the 30 days, when do they start, when it is delivered, or when yo go online or use the calls for the first time?

Do i order the $39.90 plan SIM and $20 additional credit for overseas calls and texts, do not want to go in and fill out all the details, until i know what i need to do?

Thanks.

Last edited by carling black label; May 19th 2012 at 1:03 pm.
Old May 20th 2012, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

By the way thanks for all the replies..................

Anyone help me out here?

I am going to order the Amaysim online while i am here in the UK, i have an address in Brisbane where i will be staying for a couple of weeks, and the manager said she will keep an eye out for any post addressed to me, and sign for it.....It just means it will be there waiting for me and all activated when i land; so i can just pop it in to my phone or dongle......No activation needed....

What would you order, i want the Amaysim unlimited plan, so i can alternate the SIM card between my phone and my dongle......So any experiences? Also the 30 days, when do they start, when it is delivered, or when yo go online or use the calls for the first time?

Do i order the $39.90 plan SIM and $20 additional credit for overseas calls and texts, do not want to go in and fill out all the details, until i know what i need to do?

Thanks.
From what I can remember I ordered mine online,received it 2 days later then HAD TO ACTIVATE IT ONLINE to be able to start using it.30 days started from activation be warned that the website is set up for automatic renewal of plan each month and if you don't want this to happen you MUST uncheck this feature. Sorry can't help with phone part as I only use a data plan for my ipad
Old May 20th 2012, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

we use Amaysim and are very happy. Calls to international mobiles and landlines 6cts/min to UK, Germany, Singapore and another 7 countries
Old May 20th 2012, 11:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Evelin
we use Amaysim and are very happy. Calls to international mobiles and landlines 6cts/min to UK, Germany, Singapore and another 7 countries
16 cents to UK mobiles i think?
Old May 20th 2012, 11:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
From what I can remember I ordered mine online,received it 2 days later then HAD TO ACTIVATE IT ONLINE to be able to start using it.30 days started from activation be warned that the website is set up for automatic renewal of plan each month and if you don't want this to happen you MUST uncheck this feature. Sorry can't help with phone part as I only use a data plan for my ipad
Cheers bud.....

I hope i will be able to call them up using the SIM and activate mine over the phone.......The $39 dollar package comes with calls and data, so touch wood i should be able to get online without being initially online?
Old May 21st 2012, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

16 cents to UK mobiles i think?
no, they changed the rates recently to actually 21 countries to 6cts/min, mobile or landline. I made a call from my amaysim mobile to Sing mobile on saturday, it was 6cts, no flagfall

just check their website http://www.amaysim.com.au/international-call-costs.html
Old May 21st 2012, 3:35 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you stay in the larger cities - they use the Optus network which (like Vodafone) is pretty useless away from the major population centres. If you want to get off the beaten track then Telstra is (unfortunately) your only real option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.