Am I weird?

Old Sep 25th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Am I weird?

Whilst driving around this afternoon thinking about the meaning of life and other trivial subjects, I started to think about why I really want to live in Australia.

I thought about the usual reasons - weather, mortgage-free, nice house, better start for the kids, using the barbeque more than once a year, putting as many miles as posible between me and the Mother in Law, when suddenly it hit me!! (no not another car!!!)

I honestly feel it is a calling - I am just destined to live in Oz!!

I am a strong believer in fate and for some reason fate has dealt me the "You're living in Oz " card!!

Has anyone else felt this or am I the only weirdo on here? (If it is just me then it looks like I could be heading for Byron Bay rather than Brisbane!!)
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I weird?

Originally Posted by Steve G
Whilst driving around this afternoon thinking about the meaning of life and other trivial subjects, I started to think about why I really want to live in Australia.

I thought about the usual reasons - weather, mortgage-free, nice house, better start for the kids, using the barbeque more than once a year, putting as many miles as posible between me and the Mother in Law, when suddenly it hit me!! (no not another car!!!)

I am a strong believer in fate and for some reason fate has dealt me the "You're living in Oz " card!!

Has anyone else felt this or am I the only weirdo on here? (If it is just me then it looks like I could be heading for Byron Bay rather than Brisbane!!)
YES we was just meant to be here, love it.
And MIL at the other end of the world, HOORAY!, its not far enough.
And dont miss those dark miserable grey gloomy days, its like coming from black and white to technicolor, Denise
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:49 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

What's wrong with Byron Bay?
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:56 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
What's wrong with Byron Bay?

My first experience of Byron Bay I was walking along the street when this rough looking bloke came flying past on his push bike down the middle of the road shouting and screaming "DIE DIE DIE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE DIE DIE"
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:08 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NJJ
My first experience of Byron Bay I was walking along the street when this rough looking bloke came flying past on his push bike down the middle of the road shouting and screaming "DIE DIE DIE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE DIE DIE"
Ah - it has a reputation for being weird then?
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:07 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Ah - it has a reputation for being weird then?

If you smoke lots of drugs and wear hippy clothing you will fit in just fine.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:12 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I have to agree. I ALWAYS new Oz was for me / my family, and after a holiday there it just confirmed it! Me and the missus both felt very much at home when we was there, even tho we'd only been there for a few weeks! ...

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
If you smoke lots of drugs and wear hippy clothing you will fit in just fine.
Byron Bay eh! .... mental note! ...
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:22 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

mortgage free in Byron Bay...........I hope you're well wedged up :-)

Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

no you are not weird,we don't know why we we want go just feel it's right , i know i sound mad with lot's of people knowing why and where they want to go we just want to go, life here is fine house car all the etc but there is still that we want to do, sorry to ramble, shelly
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:50 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

couldnt agree more, we are quite comfortable here, we live in a lovely villiage in wales, nice house e.t.c. !!!!!!but!!!!!! we have always wanted to move to oz. dont know why, really i dont. but for the last 14 years we have spoke about it off and on regularly. finally we are actively seeking to make the dream a reality, we will go next year (hopefully) and do you know what, it cant come quick enough. my heart and my head agree on one thing (oz is for us) !!!!!