Am i really this bad??

Am i really this bad??

Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am i really this bad??

i have just recieved an email from stone6 which reads as follows:

stone6 wrote on Yesterday 20:44:
why are you always so rude to people? You have never lived in OZ - we have. Why can't you get off your high horse and listen? After all all of us who are acually here ARE the EX-PATS this site is all about!!!!! All the research in the world is not the same as acually doing it. When you arrive I will watch your posts with interest - but somehow I don't think you will be quite so honest!! What Dotty says is so true she has me laughing, but then I am living here with my eyes wide open - not looking through rose-tinted glasses!! One day you will see just how right she really is!! One day you and your family will fall off that high - horse you are on and come down to earth with a bump!!

i am a little perplexed by it, as far i was aware the only time i may be deemed as being rude to people (wilf, pb dotty and co) is in response to their aggressive responses to my self and others on this site.
please feel free to let me know if you agree with stone6, or do think it is another attemt by pseodonames to get rid of the nicer more civilized people on this site!

cheers
ellen1
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:12 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Ellen1

Just carry on saying what YOU think. The worst thing you can possibly do is change your opinions to suit somebody else. If you do that you become a puppet to other peoples' idea's.

This is not a popularity contest. A forum like this needs diversity of ideas to encourage debate.

I don't really understand why Stone6 needs to hide behind the mask of a PM with this. Perhaps he feels that if his comments are open to scrutiny, he will have to justify them.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

surely it has been sent to the wrong person, i can't remember you being rude to anyone.
some people just need to chill out a bit !!
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Or perhaps he feels that matters like this (i.e personal nature) should be done directly and not in public.

Ellen... he is probably refering to your posts on the dianeoz thread. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with people, and DO always post your opinion and your side of the argument.

BUT....where you have somthing to say thats not going to help the thread, but u feel the need to say it, post it under another thread or use the PM feature.

If you disagree with dotty, PM her about it...don't ruin other peoples threads.

NOTE : this is not meant to be attack on you, you asked why you got the mail and i reckon this may answer it.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PeteY
Or perhaps he feels that matters like this (i.e personal nature) should be done directly and not in public.

Ellen... he is probably refering to your posts on the dianeoz thread. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with people, and DO always post your opinion and your side of the argument.

i ony posted one one post on the dianeoz thread and that was a tongue in cheek response to dotty's inference about the "idiots "on the site
BUT....where you have somthing to say thats not going to help the thread, but u feel the need to say it, post it under another thread or use the PM feature.

If you disagree with dotty, PM her about it...don't ruin other peoples threads.

NOTE : this is not meant to be attack on you, you asked why you got the mail and i reckon this may answer it.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ellen1
i ony posted one one post on the dianeoz thread and that was a tongue in cheek response to dotty's inference about the "idiots "on the site.

thanks for your support

Old Jul 1st 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am i really this bad??

i am a little perplexed by it, as far i was aware the only time i may be deemed as being rude to people (wilf, pb dotty and co) is in response to their aggressive responses to my self and others on this site.
please feel free to let me know if you agree with stone6, or do think it is another attemt by pseodonames to get rid of the nicer more civilized people on this site!

cheers
ellen1
Hi ellen,
It makes me laugh that the type of poster that sent you that email is the type that will sit there and laugh at PB and Dottys rude and arrogant posts because they agree with them but as soon as someone returns the abuse they immediately leap upon them accusing them of hating negative posts.
When will it get through their thick heads that it is their rudeness and arrogance that everyone hates not the negative posts
I get PMs all the time but they are from people who dont want to post on the forum in case of attacks from the likes of PB Dotty and their lapdogs.
what a fine situation that is .
It seems that the people who returned objective posts to your comment on DianeOz's post missed the fact that Dotty threw the first stone but they chose to ignore it.
So you must ignore the email and keep on posting, this forum needs your kind.
Sure people will say stoneys rude and arrogant to, yes but I only
do it to the rude posters, I try and post as a "normal" poster the rest of the time
Stone6 is just another one of the trolls protective lapdogs
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you stony for your honest and scincere post. I will not let stony6 and the others perterb me from using this site as it is a valuable tool for people looking at migrating like myself, and i have met many people that i intend to meet up with when i eventually get to perth.

ellen1
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

Firstly how dare you just assume I am one of those others you have mentioned... I am fairly new to this sight and have worked in Perth and Sydney and now waiting for visa.

I think its good that everyone is able to have their say, especially if constructive and we should take a little and leave a little of comments from people who are already where we want to be.

I have today received e mail responses from friends in Oz, having asked for positives and negatives on living and working there, I take their replies and listen, even though some of the not so good side of Oz would shock many here and poss shatter their perception of Australia.

Sometimes we should understand that PB, Dotty etc do say some real things as they are residents but as I said before take what you want and leave what you want, don't keep having a go, if others want to then let them, please understand that Australia has good and bad points and you should thank the people telling you the not so good stuff as you will be better prepared when you arrive.

I and my family are still going, but my wife is happy to hear negatives (she being a very positive person) she looks to see a way of making them positive or at least gearing herself to know the pitfalls.

Thanks for listening
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am i really this bad??

cheers
ellen1
Hi Ellen.

A couple of points I would like to make on this thread.

Anyone that sends a PM like the one that you received is a coward. There is no reason why, if someone dissagrees with what you post. Then they should reply on the thread not by PM.

I totally agree with you and many others on this forum.
The likes of PB, Dotty, Wilf and a few others are just down right rude and arrogant.
Just because they live in Australia does not make them Experts or Authorities on every subject that is posted.
Many on here live in the UK. I dont see them posting endless drivel of news cuttings from the UK press. I also dont see them proffesing to know everything about everything.
The main reason I use this forum is to pick peoples brains (that puts the likes of PB out ot reach) for information. And to pass on any usefull information to others.

PeteY You said that Ellen should post under a new thread or by PM, If her respose is not usefull to the thread.
I dont agree with this. If you dissagree then you dissagree on the thread.
If people had to send a PM or start a new thread, Many of the afore mentioned would have 100's of threads on the go.

Thats all folks

PC
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Sorry PC...But having a pointless argument on somone elses thread is just plain annoying.

I'll put it like this :

You start yourself a thread, asking what kind of oil you should run in your new 4wd in oz.

You get one or two decent replies, then PB posts that you don't want a 4wd, cos they are all crap.

Now you get a bunch of people who just want fistycuffs with PB invading the thread and posting a heap of useless information.

End result....the threads wrecked, and the trolls won.

Its a common COURTESY on a forum to ONLY post information that pertains to the original question. If the thread evolves into a MATURE discussion and changes topic, but is still RELEVANT to the original, so be it. Too many thread get wrecked on this forum, by people of both sides of the negative/positive extremes.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry PC...But having a pointless argument on somone elses thread is just plain annoying.

I'll put it like this :

You start yourself a thread, asking what kind of oil you should run in your new 4wd in oz.

You get one or two decent replies, then PB posts that you don't want a 4wd, cos they are all crap.

Now you get a bunch of people who just want fistycuffs with PB invading the thread and posting a heap of useless information.

Its a common COURTESY on a forum to ONLY post information that pertains to the original question. If the thread evolves into a MATURE discussion and changes topic, but is still RELEVANT to the original, so be it. Too many thread get wrecked on this forum, by people of both sides of the negative/positive extremes.

True, But......... would you rather have PB start a new thread on how crap 4wd's are. And Dotty start a new thread on how the fat sweaty Aussies all drive 4wd's. And Wilf start a new thread on how oil is refined. And Mega start a new thread on psychodelic oils.
And on...and on.........and on........

If the thread takes a bit of a detour. (like this one has) Someone may learn something new.

PC
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

I'll put it like this :

Good for you PeteY

doesn't matter who starts the tangent, if everyone rises to the bait then the original thread is ruined so Ellen1 maybe you should read but not comment on those who upset you, and no I'm not having a go at you, please just chill out, its a long road to Australia and if you've been, you will understand it does have its downsides too, like anywhere in life but lifes what you make it!

Good luck to all

Teresa
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeteY

I'll put it like this :

Its a common COURTESY on a forum to ONLY post information that pertains to the original question. If the thread evolves into a MATURE discussion and changes topic, but is still RELEVANT to the original, so be it. Too many thread get wrecked on this forum, by people of both sides of the negative/positive

You just proved my point Pete
you were more concerned with the people getting angry with PB than you were with PB for spoiling the post in the first place
Great place UK isnt it where the guilty get more help than the victim
Old Jul 1st 2003, 8:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone out there bickering stopped to think that if these personal attacks go on, no-one will post on the site anymore, will either positive or negative views, and everyone will suffer.

I am one of the lucky ones, I asked silly questions, I had lots of help from the site, and I got my visa. If I was still in the position of preparing my application I don't think I would be so quick to ask for help from here for fear of ridicule. As it is, I now hesitate to post on many threads because I do not want to be on the receiving end of any abuse.

Petey has got it in a nutshell. I hope people read his last comment and take note!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.