Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am i the only daft one

Am i the only daft one

Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Unhappy Am i the only daft one

Hi all

Went to dentist today :scared: and told him that i was going to Perth to live.
He then asked if i had been before.When i told him that i had never been before he was shocked. He then laught and sayed i was mad.

Has anyone else went to live there without visiting the country first.

Beth
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am i the only daft one

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi all

He then asked if i had been before.When i told him that i had never been before he was shocked. He then laught and sayed i was mad.

Beth

I am

He must be jealous. Everyone I have spoken to have all said, wow I wish I could do that !!

You are more likely to settle if you've never been before apparently, so don't let it bother you
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:49 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi all

Beth
Plenty of mad people here :scared:
(tht's why we're off to Oz )

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

sion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud of

Hi all

Beth
Another nutter here : :
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=zbettyboop]Hi all

I don't think it is jelousy but lack of wanting to know what is out there and not having the zest to try something new.

I think it is sad when people say this type of thing, and it isn't uncommon, and it will probably hear it again.

I don't care that others are to scared or don't want to try something new and better. As I see it, it's their loss and when they are retired and sitting here in the cold wet weather, they will perhaps sit there in their slippers wondering. IF ONLY.

Go for it and remember we all choose our destiny and you have chosen yours, why worry what other people think, you will probably never see them again. They will be laughing on the other side of their face.

Diversity - different people want different things and why not.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:32 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
I am

He must be jealous. Everyone I have spoken to have all said, wow I wish I could do that !!

You are more likely to settle if you've never been before apparently, so don't let it bother you
I did go before we started the process to visit my future in-laws but to be honest I would still of went without the trip there in fact if the OH had turned round and said Fiona it's not a holiday werwe going on tomorrow were emigrsating I would of went. It's something I've been dreaming about for years. Oh and just to reasure you it was everything I was expecting and more.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice

no mate,
we are all daft here too,
never been, but selling up and off to Sydney.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the dentist has been to Perth.

G
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:10 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

One you all missed here! Maybe you have bad teeth and he knows you will be skint when you go to the Auzie Dentist

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=zbettyboop]
No never been to OZ - but that's part of the adventure.
Having said that we bought a house in florida 2 years ago that we never saw before we sold it, off plan.
Mad - BEP , hand in hand.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:37 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi Beth, me and Rich never been either, your not mad just adventurous....just think he will still be sitting in his chair smelling bad breath when you are breathing in Mandurah fresh air
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Take no notice of him Beth...bet he just wishes he had the balls to do something so exciting

Last edited by hilary6; Apr 24th 2006 at 9:10 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

yep, another nutter, not seen it, just fancied it!

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Hi all

Beth
Were moving to the Goldy soon and have never been to oz so dont listen to him, there was a poll a few weeks ago and it worked out that about 50% of the people moving to oz have never been there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.