Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:29 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Am I missing something?

Ever had anything go missing in your shipping?

I had all my good shipped by a professional company. I watched them pack everything, and checked the house afterwards. It was some months later after I had unpacked, I realised six cheap (actually free) Coke glasses were gone. Nothing else, just those.

A friend tells the same story, everything arrived, with the exception of a Lamp Shade, the rest of the lamp was there, but no shade.

Wondering if there is an Aladdin's cave somewhere, full of miscellaneous items from Expats shipping, or if the shipping companies take a trophy from each job and awards points for the most bizarre.

Anyone else lost stuff?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:36 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Mctree

I had all my good shipped by a professional company. I watched them pack everything, and checked the house afterwards. It was some months later after I had unpacked, I realised six cheap (actually free) Coke glasses were gone. Nothing else, just those.

A friend tells the same story, everything arrived, with the exception of a Lamp Shade, the rest of the lamp was there, but no shade.

Wondering if there is an Aladdin's cave somewhere, full of miscellaneous items from Expats shipping, or if the shipping companies take a trophy from each job and awards points for the most bizarre.

Anyone else lost stuff?
does the vessel pass through the bermuda triangle by any chance
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

six cheap (actually free) Coke glasses were gone.

Anyone else lost stuff?
You know what I'm sure I packed four of those!! A few other things I haven't found too, the microphone for my daughters karoake machine, I just thought maybe I missed them somehow....

Nikki
xx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:36 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

We had 2 pillows dissapear.
Is someone setting up home at customs?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:49 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

6 months before we came our neighbours came back, rather than let the shipping company take all their boxes they gave all the boxes and wrapping to us. 6 months later when I came to start packing up our stuff I couldn't believe how much I came across in the crumpled packaging that had obviously been missed, there were a couple of kitchen utensils, 2 ornaments and a couple of handles for draws.
So I am going to be checking all the boxes and wrapping before I let them take it away
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

We lost loads of linen, a saucepan, two flasks, a jug and a few other bits, very weird
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
We lost loads of linen, a saucepan, two flasks, a jug and a few other bits, very weird
Pity you didn't lose hubby.

Only kiddin Frase.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else lost stuff?
We are missing all sorts of little things, including the shelf to a bedside unit. Mostly it is stuff that is utterly useless to anyone else and none of it should have fallen foul of quarantine. We had a lamp that the removals guy broke the shade to after he had wrapped it so I said not to worry we will deal with it at the other end. He packed it into the container but it never turned up at this end . Irritating to say the least also weird as we haven't actually lost any complete boxes just bits out of several
If someone is setting up home then it will be very strangely furnished
Nicky
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:35 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

One thing for sure... you will miss...
You home...

- Bart

Anyone else lost stuff?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

I lost one embroidered pillowslip out of a double bed set and one continental pillowslip from the same set. It is white and has butterflies & roses and I could not for the life of me imagine why someone would just take the two and not the whole set? A single person with a single bed?

Maybe someone has realised if they just take a little bit here & there to sell at OP shops, then no one will complain because it sounds so bizarre? If they took the whole set I would have claimed for it, as things stand I can say it was taken, but how do I prove there ever was a set or that I hadn't just lost it?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

I'm all worried now!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:57 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else lost stuff?

I had my best Akubra hat, and lots of cuddly toys and lingerie go astray! I still imagine customs in that get up and it makes me smile!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:57 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else lost stuff?
Funny you should raise this - I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

We too seem to have lost some silly little things - a remote control for one of our dd's toys, a kitchen timer that I bought specially to come here, my jewellery spa.... No sense to it - just odds and ends. None of our boxes were missing, and although AQIS took some stuff, we've had it all back safely. The daftest thing I've found in the packing department was that the movers had packed a plastic egg cup. And we had some glasses rolling around in the bottom of a box that weren't broken. Lost one crystal glass and the men who delivered our freight managed to slash the leathercloth of my treatment chair. I wasn't amused...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:13 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Funny you should raise this - I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

We too seem to have lost some silly little things - a remote control for one of our dd's toys, a kitchen timer that I bought specially to come here, my jewellery spa.... No sense to it - just odds and ends. None of our boxes were missing, and although AQIS took some stuff, we've had it all back safely. The daftest thing I've found in the packing department was that the movers had packed a plastic egg cup. And we had some glasses rolling around in the bottom of a box that weren't broken. Lost one crystal glass and the men who delivered our freight managed to slash the leathercloth of my treatment chair. I wasn't amused...
Hi BD: Box 19 was missing but thing is the original co. went bust and our stuff got renumbered. I painstakingly went through the lists and compared them and by process of elilmination it was Box 19 but they denied it :-)
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:53 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

our double extension ladder went awol.....not like you can hide one of those up your jumper!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.