Reload this Page >

An alternative to valium ??

An alternative to valium ??

Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

loubieloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An alternative to valium ??

Hi all,
I am flying with my family to Melbourne via Dubai in sept, I have with age developed a real fear of flying. I was thinking of asking the doctor to give me something to help me relax and maybe get a little sleep ! but after having a quick search I see that alot of things are banned in Dubai, what could I ask the doctor for that won't get me thrown in jail

Thanks Louise
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: An alternative to valium ??

Originally Posted by loubieloo
Hi all,
I am flying with my family to Melbourne via Dubai in sept, I have with age developed a real fear of flying. I was thinking of asking the doctor to give me something to help me relax and maybe get a little sleep ! but after having a quick search I see that alot of things are banned in Dubai, what could I ask the doctor for that won't get me thrown in jail

Thanks Louise

What about one of these below? Just put it on and pretend your in a car!

Sorry I shouldn't joke I know the fear of flying isn't nice, I once had a bad experience on a light aircraft flying from England to Guernsey, I thought the plane was going down at one point! Bloody hell my heart was in my mouth, I'm sure the pilot was drunk! Needless to say I had a few alcoholic drinks myself once I landed intact.

What about a little Brandy or something before you set off to calm your nerves?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:43 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: An alternative to valium ??

Hi all,

Thanks Louise

I am like you - Absolutely terrified of flying. I can highly recommend Xanax.

I have to admit that I doubled the dose and was completely sedated for the whole trip (really fabulous ). My doc recommended I took them the night before too as I really do get panicky. Awful isn't it.

Oh, and the couple of brandys also helped
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

You could try the herb valerian or hypnotherapy, thats quite succesful for fears /phobia`s

bluekipper
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Hi all,

Thanks Louise
try rescue remedies it worked for me i was terrified going to florida (first time flyer).when you feel yourself getting worked up just spray it into ur mouth and it works. i also did the paul mckenna phobia cure thingy it was on gmtv at the time and were able to download it for free lol
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
I am like you - Absolutely terrified of flying. I can highly recommend Xanax.
Xanax is also a benzodiazepine and, as such, very closely related to Valium.

It will also be banned in Dubai.

The best thing for the OP to do is to take the Valium and also take a covering letter from her his/GP to explain why they are using/carrying it.

G
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:29 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
Xanax is also a benzodiazepine and, as such, very closely related to Valium.

It will also be banned in Dubai.

The best thing for the OP to do is to take the Valium and also take a covering letter from her his/GP to explain why they are using/carrying it.

G
Hi Grayling,
Is it banned in Singapore Xanax is the only thing that'll get me through the flight. Serious!

I get a panic attack even booking the flight .
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Grayling,
Is it banned in Singapore Xanax is the only thing that'll get me through the flight. Serious!

I get a panic attack even booking the flight .
No...not Singapore as far as I know..

The Arab emirates have some very strict rules about medication hence the concern about Dubai.

You should always carry a doctor's letter if you are carrying medication.

Codiene, for example, is banned in a lot of countries including the USA......many routine UK drugs are banned in various countries.......and vice versa.

G
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:37 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Grayling
No...not Singapore as far as I know..

The Arab emirates have some very strict rules about medication hence the concern about Dubai.

You should always carry a doctor's letter if you are carrying medication.

Codiene, for example, is banned in a lot of countries including the USA......many routine UK drugs are banned in various countries.......and vice versa.

G
Good idea about the doctors letter. Thanks a lot
Irish Gal