Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Already in Perth!

Already in Perth!

Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of
Default Already in Perth!

Hi everyone

A question for people already in the Perth region ideally SOR, could you give me a web links of shops that sell car seats. I am guessing I need to buy a proper car seat for my 2 year old but can the 4 year old be in a high back booster and the 6 year old be in just a booster seat. Have tried to look on line but I can't get a clear and definite answer that I am happy about.

Thanks in advance

Nic
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Already in Perth!

Hi

Welcome to Perth!! not there yet myself so cant help you but hopefully someone will be along soon!!

Best wishes to you and your family
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi everyone

A question for people already in the Perth region ideally SOR, could you give me a web links of shops that sell car seats. I am guessing I need to buy a proper car seat for my 2 year old but can the 4 year old be in a high back booster and the 6 year old be in just a booster seat. Have tried to look on line but I can't get a clear and definite answer that I am happy about.

Thanks in advance

Nic
Hi Nic

There are loads of baby shops around Osbourne park, not sure SOR though. www.Babyonabudget.com.au and www.babyland.com.au they both sell Safe & Sound (Britax) which are the best.
As regards to what car/booster seats are needed you can look at www.kidsafewa.com.au
or give them a call they will tell you what you need

My 4 yr old is in a high back booster (Safe&Sound) with a 5 point harness. although he just needs to have the booster.

Sandra

Last edited by sandrainaus; Aug 25th 2007 at 9:44 am.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Nic
Hey there

I bought my car seats from K-mart and Target - they can be a lot cheaper - check it out first before you buy from baby shops.

You will have no problem at all when you arrive and will be able to buys straight away
Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:21 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Nic
Hi You can rent one for the taxi ride to where you are staying just let them know in advance..Then head to K Mart or look in the Quokka you can even look online at www.quokka.com.au we picked a 0 to 4 safe and sound for $50 for guests. Suzette
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:06 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Nic
Hi Nic

(we're from Peterborough... close!)

The Aussie car seats need to be secured with an extra strap from the back of the seat to the parcel shelf or tailgate area of the vehicle if it's a wagon (estate car).
Sometimes you need to buy an extension strap & anchor bolt, depending on the type/age of the car.
http://rac.com.au/index.cfm?objectid...DBC7BDA824DBCF

There are firms that will profesionally fit the seat for $20.00, the RAC is one which has sites around Perth.

Balcatta
253 Balcatta Road 9207 2622

Bentley
1170 Albany Highway 9258 6033

Joondalup
77 Winton Road 9301 5911

Mandurah
281 Pinjarra Road 9586 1655

Myaree
59 McCoy St 9330 8022

Perth City
288 Newcastle St 9228 4633