Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to beholdMike H is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Dear all

Hoping to be landing in Melbourne first week in December (now that the house sale is back on line after the buyers had decided to drop their offer considerably just prior to completion for no other reason that we are wanting to sell quickly and emigrate! Still, I'm not bitter - honest! Anyone else come across this?).

Anyhow, back on track. We are planning to book some type of Holiday accommodation for the first three weeks, somewhere not too far from Melbourne. Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences doing this. Intend to use it as a base to explore the area with a view to then leasing a place once we've found an area we like.

Any help is greatly appreciated - right, I'm off to continue being bitter for a while

Cheers

Mike H
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Originally Posted by Mike H
Dear all

Hoping to be landing in Melbourne first week in December (now that the house sale is back on line after the buyers had decided to drop their offer considerably just prior to completion for no other reason that we are wanting to sell quickly and emigrate! Still, I'm not bitter - honest! Anyone else come across this?).

Anyhow, back on track. We are planning to book some type of Holiday accommodation for the first three weeks, somewhere not too far from Melbourne. Has anyone had any good (or bad) experiences doing this. Intend to use it as a base to explore the area with a view to then leasing a place once we've found an area we like.

Any help is greatly appreciated - right, I'm off to continue being bitter for a while

Cheers

Mike H
Hi

Of course it depends on what you want...but the Quest Serviced apartments are good....and are spread all around the city and suburbs
They have a good website (should have put a link up )

And welcome to the forum
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Re: Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Originally Posted by Mike H
Dear all

Mike H
We dropped one buyer because I had a feeling they were going to try this.

We've now got another buyer who is terrified of being gazumped (and really wants our house), so I've got my fingers crossed.

Must admit I thought about not telling prospective buyers (about Australia) but since we live in a small village chances were that they'd find out anyway.

Commiserations anyway.

BTW We are aiming for End Nov./Beg. Dec. as well.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Newbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant futureNewbie_Al has a brilliant future
Default Re: Almost there...recommendations for temp accomodation around Melbourne

Originally Posted by CasG
Hi

Of course it depends on what you want...but the Quest Serviced apartments are good....and are spread all around the city and suburbs
They have a good website (should have put a link up )

And welcome to the forum
I agree with CasG - good value and CLEAN. Here's a link
http://www.questapartments.com.au/
regards
Alan
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:52 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed myself at the Richmond Lodge for 10 days, and I thought it was good value, clean and has broadband internet, which can be handy.

2 possible problems, it definitely NON smoking, so if you are smokers, forget it, and it is in the centre of the city, so if you are travelling out of town it's not ideal.

www.richmondlodge.com.au