All very New

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Jlees is an unknown quantity at this point
Question All very New

This looks a really interesting site and hope someone can give us some information.

After years of talking about moving to oz we have decided this year should be our year for making the first steps.

But we haven't got a clue where to start!!

My husband is a HGV 1 driver and i'm and Administation Officer we have 3 children and no relatives in Oz.

Has anyone any idea if we could get a visa for either oz or NZ or are they both the same system?

Has anyone used ******** to apply and are there any known agencies to use that won't con us out of money?

We really don't know where to begin and the internet is full of very confusing information but this site seems to have some experianced people on it so please some one give us clue on where to start and if you think it is worth us trying for a visa having no professional skills as such or relatives out there.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default Re: All very New

Originally posted by Jlees
This looks a really interesting site and hope someone can give us some information.

After years of talking about moving to oz we have decided this year should be our year for making the first steps.

My husband is a HGV 1 driver and i'm and Administation Officer we have 3 children and no relatives in Oz.

Has anyone any idea if we could get a visa for either oz or NZ or are they both the same system?

Has anyone used ******** to apply and are there any known agencies to use that won't con us out of money?

We really don't know where to begin and the internet is full of very confusing information but this site seems to have some experianced people on it so please some one give us clue on where to start and if you think it is worth us trying for a visa having no professional skills as such or relatives out there.

J Lees

welcome,

you will find lots of good advice and nice folks (unless your a scouser that is). The immigration part of the discussion forum is full of good advice. The point system is different to the Oz system as I am emigrating to NZ I don't know about OZ. Your first point of call is www.immigration.govt.nz, hope that help for NZ also look for the equal aussie govt. Follow many threads you'll get loads of advice here.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello welcome to the forum, the first thing to do is an online assessment to see if you qualify, then get yourself a good agent like Go Matilda (alan collett works for them and he is a regular poster on this site).
Best wishes and good luck
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:46 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to start with www.immi.gov.au you can follow the links to work out your points and check to see if your chosen occupation is on the skilled occupations list - which it must be for skilled independant applications. There are lots of other visa classes too depends on your situation. Sorry don't know about NZ.

Good Luck

Max
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the same boat...Fairly simple case (i think!!)As we really wanted it all to be right we are using an agent.OE Visas...Been top so far and Richard(i think he's the boss) posts regularly on here.Very professionnal and friendly people.!!Pm me for the link..Good luck

PS We are 139 skilled sponsored area des.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:18 pm
stay safe

beth is an unknown quantity at this point

HI JLEES
DID YOU GET MY PERSONAL MESSAGE LET ME KNOW PLEASE
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:22 pm
WBB

i would take a look at this thread before you use ********.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=********

Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Jlees,

as my mum always said when she served me CUSTARD, how dya know ya dun like it if ya wont eat it !!

Id make my first priority if i was you, a trip to oz or nz, and check the place out.

Also scour about on the net and getya self some books

happy huntin
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:05 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. This is a good place to start. Also for Australia www.immi.gov.au and for New zealand http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

They use different systems and different criteria. However once you get Permanent Residence or Citizenship in one you can move reasonably easily to the other.

As WBB says there seems to be a problem with ********.

best advice though is get a tourist visa then go on holiday out there and explore for a few weeks. You might find you hate it and if you find you love it then you have some good memories to sustain you through the agonies of applying for immigration !!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by beth
HI JLEES
DID YOU GET MY PERSONAL MESSAGE LET ME KNOW PLEASE

No i don't think so!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to all those warning me about ********!!

I've seen OE visas mentioned on this site before so might try them.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:08 pm
stay safe

beth is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all those warning me about ********!!

I've seen OE visas mentioned on this site before so might try them.
Richard from oe will give you good advice
beth
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:29 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Everybody on here is directing you to websites etc Jlees, and you should take that advice and find out the details for yourself.

However I'll stick my neck on the block and tell you straight, that with no professional or trade qualifictions or no relatives, I don't see how your gonna make it.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by beth
Richard from oe will give you good advice
beth
We are using OE and they have been good so far, we are just waiting for a reply from dimia now!

good luck!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
Everybody on here is directing you to websites etc Jlees, and you should take that advice and find out the details for yourself.

However I'll stick my neck on the block and tell you straight, that with no professional or trade qualifictions or no relatives, I don't see how your gonna make it.

HENCE

Skills assesment !!!!

You dont need certificates to get your skills assessed, it certainly makes life easier but demonstrating 6 yrs + skills should suffice with supported documentation !!

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...%3D529,00.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.