Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

all together - learn the words

all together - learn the words

Old Apr 4th 2003, 10:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Florida_03
MADDIE...
And here's the stereotype:
MADDIE
Old Apr 4th 2003, 12:12 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a better one that the Ozzies may yet adopt......it goes WE are one and we are many and we come from all the lands so far. we share a dream and sing with one voice' I am you are we all australian.
Can't remember the tune or who sung it but it's great when yer pissed!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:03 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by col
There's a better one that the Ozzies may yet adopt......it goes WE are one and we are many and we come from all the lands so far. we share a dream and sing with one voice' I am you are we all australian.
Can't remember the tune or who sung it but it's great when yer pissed!!!!
We are all Australian except Poms , Abos , Slope heads and Ragheads to name a few , I think you find that very few of us are Aussies .

Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:27 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Hardly got the same stirring soul of the star spangled banner.
True...then again the Star Spangled Banner was simply the Yanks way of telling the British Imperialists to bugger off...even used one of their tunes.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:02 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
True...then again the Star Spangled Banner was simply the Yanks way of telling the British Imperialists to bugger off...even used one of their tunes.
Silly me thought the Yanks were Brits until the French stirred them up to fight over a cup a tea , the sad sods still refer to the Brits as cousins

Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:15 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
We are all Australian except Poms , Abos , Slope heads and Ragheads to name a few , I think you find that very few of us are Aussies .

excuse my ignorance - but what are "slope heads"? I've never heard this term before.

cheers
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:51 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri
excuse my ignorance - but what are "slope heads"? I've never heard this term before.

cheers
In good old WA it means people from Asian no idea why they use this term of endearment never cared for it myself .

Old Apr 7th 2003, 5:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
In good old WA it means people from Asian no idea why they use this term of endearment never cared for it myself .

Borrowed from Yankies in Vietnam I believe. "I was only nineteen" and "I" had to vilify the VietCong because "We" could not think of any other reason to stich 'em up.

I WAS ONLY 19 (A WALK IN THE LIGHT GREEN)

What are we fighting for, Don't ask me, I don't give a damn, Next stop is Vietnam