Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All-time classics. You gotta love'em !!!

All-time classics. You gotta love'em !!!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default All-time classics. You gotta love'em !!!

As a distraction from those very hot/cold days (depending on which side of the globe you're reading this), I vote that we start a thread listing the best postings to this forum.

My vote goes to Mrs Pommie Bastard with this classic:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=pommiebastard
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it come as no surprise that you would think this drivel is the best post yet on the forum. I would prefer to mention all those posts which have been offering bundy comfort in her time of need, or people offering help to others, or people providing information for others about locations, jobs, bank accounts, removalists etc. Then again I might have misunderstood the main purpose of the forum.

OzTennis
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Why does it come as no surprise that you would think this drivel is the best post yet on the forum. I would prefer to mention all those posts which have been offering bundy comfort in her time of need, or people offering help to others, or people providing information for others about locations, jobs, bank accounts, removalists etc. Then again I might have misunderstood the main purpose of the forum.

OzTennis
Oh, chill out OzTennis! It's obvious that the post was intended as amusement.

But no matter. I've just had to lie down after reading your incisive post about Jersey Royal potatoes. Do you really mean to tell me that not all said potatoes are grown in Jersey? No s***, Sherlock. Now I can see why you're a teacher.

Gosh, soon you'll be telling me that not all Kiwi fruit are grown in NZ; not all Angus cattle are reared in Scotland and not all Mars bars are manufactured on the red planet...
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MikeStanton
Oh, chill out OzTennis! It's obvious that the post was intended as amusement.

But no matter. I've just had to lie down after reading your incisive post about Jersey Royal potatoes. Do you really mean to tell me that not all said potatoes are grown in Jersey? No s***, Sherlock. Now I can see why you're a teacher.

Gosh, soon you'll be telling me that not all Kiwi fruit are grown in NZ; not all Angus cattle are reared in Scotland and not all Mars bars are manufactured on the red planet...
That's very interesting that you raise the issue of the kiwifruit. Did you know that it is quoted as a classic example of business failure - namely that the NZ farmers didn't bother to register their name for the Chinese gooseberry? Subsequently, you are quite right to point out that anyone can now call them kiwifruit. In a similar manner the martians didn't bother to register Mars as a trade name so Masterfoods have pinched it. I think you'll find my post on the spuds began with the words this is a trivial point and it was leading into the salmon but there you go.

OzTennis
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All-time classics. You gotta love'em !!!

Mike, I loved it!... provided a much needed laugh in these difficult times.

Thanks for posting the link.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:35 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

There's another brilliant one with PB in a play (can't find the link...anyone?)
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:44 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
There's another brilliant one with PB in a play (can't find the link...anyone?)
Was it this one Don

The Expats strike back
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Or was it this one?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=pb+wilf+play

Fiddler on the benefits?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:59 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

It was neither, but both are good for a laugh!

The play was sort of exactly that, a few scenes written by one of the anonymous stars on BE and (I found) hilarious).

PB was amused himself even tho' it poked fun at him, the old codger had a great sense of humour underneath.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:09 am
Merlot

Default Re: All-time classics. You gotta love'em !!!

My vote goes to Mrs Pommie Bastard with this classic:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=pommiebastard
Have to agree, I laughed too and hell I need a good laugh!

Yesterday I met a couple from Yorkshire visiting their daughter & son-in-law who recently moved from the UK to live in NSW.

Well, the loveliest couple but the WHINGING was just beyond believe. Everytime you mentioned anything about the UK you got the full WHINGE.

I can tell you for free, the only thing that will drive me well and truly out of England is the negative, whingers. Not sure how long that will be!

POM's can be our own worse enemy!

Merlot