Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To All in Perth...

To All in Perth...

Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Smile To All in Perth...

After reading some homesickness threads I thought I would post this. I'm coming to Perth at the beginning of December for a week (hubby will have been there for close to a month) and I wondered if anyone would like me to bring anything over for them (obviously has to be legal and able to fit in my case!), ie chocolate, sweets, teabags etc that you are missing from the UK. Maybe this would make you more homesick though, so might not be such a great idea .

We'll be travelling about mostly NOR for the week that I'm there so can probably drop things off at different places. You can let me know if you're interested
TJ
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:16 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To All in Perth...

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
After reading some homesickness threads I thought I would post this. I'm coming to Perth at the beginning of December for a week (hubby will have been there for close to a month) and I wondered if anyone would like me to bring anything over for them (obviously has to be legal and able to fit in my case!), ie chocolate, sweets, teabags etc that you are missing from the UK. Maybe this would make you more homesick though, so might not be such a great idea .

We'll be travelling about mostly NOR for the week that I'm there so can probably drop things off at different places. You can let me know if you're interested
TJ
what a very kind offer. I dont need anything but I'm sure some other perthites will be along soon with some requests.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:35 pm
Tell it like it is'er

Scorpio1 will become famous soon enough

How about some shoes for the locals and a 'how to pronounce English words properly' phrase book ('crikey Noreen, it's not stummick & paddick, it's stomach & paddock! Noiy! Oh sorry, that's No.') .
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scorpio1
How about some shoes for the locals and a 'how to pronounce English words properly' phrase book ('crikey Noreen, it's not stummick & paddick, it's stomach & paddock! Noiy! Oh sorry, that's No.') .
How about a chill pill for some of the whinging poms?

Seriously, it is a very kind offer, sending you some k
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:15 am
Tell it like it is'er

You mean you actually like that accent ?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:25 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scorpio1
You mean you actually like that accent ?

PMSL, you mean the "kath n kim" accent? And why is everyone in WA called Leanne?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:28 am
Tell it like it is'er

I quite like Rebekah (great spelling )!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons

TJ
I'd like a new BMW 3 series diesel if you can fit it in.