Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours

All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours

Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:48 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours

I wouldn't have thought it possible after having put soooooo much hard work and effort into it but the house is now finally all packed up, everything inventoried, labelled and sitting there waiting for the container to arrive in the morning.

Just a few more hours to go ... I can hold on for just a few more hours ... and then I can finally relax a little knowing that it's all safely on its way ...

- CDM
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of
Default Re: All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours

So what could possibly go wrong now?.........................

TD
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:02 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default Re: All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
So what could possibly go wrong now?.........................

TD
Funny you should say that ...

I had to call the Police this morning to report an apparently abandonned car that just happened to have been parked in such a way as to obstruct the container when it arrives tomorrow. I live in a dead-end street and none of the neighbours knew to whom the car belonged. The owner just happened to turn up and drive it away whilst I was on the phone to the council to come and remove it. Will it come back tomorrow? I certainly hope not!

I was sweeping all the stones off the drive to carve a path for the dolley to get from the front door to the container and the broom broke!

Having sold the cars, I've been driving around in a beaten up old banger that's been leant to me and it broke down yeasterday having overheated - to top that one off, my phone was out of credit so I couldn't call for help either!

What could possibly go wrong now? ...

- CDM
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CDM
What could possibly go wrong now? ...

- CDM
Ohhh I dunno.. I can think of the odd potential problem.
Attached Thumbnails All packed and now ready to go - container arrives in a matter of hours-container-ship.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:21 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Hmmm. Thanks for that. I'm sure I'll sleep much better now

- CDM
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:32 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget - gin is the answer.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:49 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Container is away

I'm so glad we opted for a 40' container in the end. We filled it to 75% of its entire volume!

- CDM
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
oh no that's cruel!!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CDM
Container is away

I'm so glad we opted for a 40' container in the end. We filled it to 75% of its entire volume!

- CDM
wow! how many bedroom house..? double garage? what else did you take?

what have you got left... just suitcases..?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:04 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ice mocha
wow! how many bedroom house..? double garage? what else did you take?

what have you got left... just suitcases..?
5 bedroom house - single car garage.

We've lived in different countries and have 'collected' possessions from around the world.

And yes, we've only got suitcases (and the kids) left over now and we're taking them with us on the plane (and the suitcases)

- CDM
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck - its a really exciting (/terrifing!) time!

and your not the only one with loads of stuff - we took up as much space in a 40ft as you - and that was after a clear out!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDM

We've lived in different countries and have 'collected' possessions from around the world.

And yes, we've only got suitcases (and the kids) left over now and we're taking them with us on the plane (and the suitcases)

- CDM
All the best of luck! Hope you don't mind me asking but how much does a 40 foot container cost & where did you find the shipping company? One day I may need to ship a large 4 bed/double garage houseful myself
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:01 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CDM

- CDM
Hope you've got your passports too!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:32 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freebo
All the best of luck! Hope you don't mind me asking but how much does a 40 foot container cost & where did you find the shipping company? One day I may need to ship a large 4 bed/double garage houseful myself
I paid £3,123 for the 40' container to include everything through to final destination but NOT including any AQIS charges. That also includes the piano handling fee for the other end. I shopped around a lot and eventually went with a company called EuroUSA Shipping Ltd. So far so good.

- CDM
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:32 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by comet555
Hope you've got your passports too!
Yes

- CDM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.