Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all expectant mums heading for Perth

For all expectant mums heading for Perth

Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking For all expectant mums heading for Perth

A friend of mine has just had a baby in a Perth hospital. She had to have a 'c' section and they are keeping her in for at least a week to 10 days!! They were shoving me out of the door after just 3 days when I had mine!!!

Get this ladies.....her hubby is going in tonight...to stay in the hospital with her...in a double bed...and the hospital have given them a special choice menu to pick a lovely dinner from...whilst the baby is taken care of in the nursery!!!!!

Bloody no chance of that sort of treatment over here is there!!! Oh, that is unless your name's Victoria Beckham !!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Tracey perhaps they have bloody good health insurance
Joanne
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yes I dont think medicare covers steak n chips!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Maybe the case girls but do you really think Private Healthcare in the UK would run to hubby staying overnight and the staff babysitting? Even in a Private Hospital I doubt this would happen.

When I was in hospital there were private patients in too and the only 'special' treatment they got was a private room, the visitors (including the husbands) had to leave at 8.30. I also doubt whether the private patients had a seperate menu either!

The only point I was making about my friend over in Oz was the care she was receiving was excellent...whether it was private or not.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:16 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Who would want to stay in hospital over night anyway, especially if they weren't ill!!!

Dont think my hubby would stay in with me and I wouldn't want to stay in with him unless it was serious.

For that service it won't be medicare.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It was standard practice in Australian hospitals when my kids were born (eldest is now 17), that the night before you went home, you could go out with your partner and the hospital would 'babysit' for the evening.

Kind of your last supper together, before all hell broke loose the following day!

Applied to all patients, public or private.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Now how fab is that!

I wonder how many parents go out for the night and drag it over for a week!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:32 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Private healthcare will provide whatever you pay for.
UK hospitals do provide separate menus for PPs they will even arrange food to be brought in from restaurants (at a price).
Those who have nevr had Private health insurance are going to be in for a shock when they read the small print.
You try getting cover for an existing condition!

As for staying in hospital for several days after a birth this is common with all conditions in the Private sector.
Empty beds are not profitable.

In many privte services such as in the US 'C' sections are done routinely as they are seen as safer for the hospital(ie.litigation).

Don't knock the NHS until you have had extensive experience of the Alternatives.

G
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:42 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Don't knock the NHS until you have had extensive experience of the Alternatives.

G [/QUOTE]
Yeh but they keep doing it and will continue to do so until they have experienced it first hand like I have.

Anyone can have 'first class' care in any country (within reason) if you pay for a good health insurance.

Long Live the NHS

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:43 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Who would want to stay in hospital over night anyway, especially if they weren't ill!!!

Dont think my hubby would stay in with me and I wouldn't want to stay in with him unless it was serious.

For that service it won't be medicare.
What husband wouldn't want to when there's a new arrival? I know mine wanted to when our son was born last year. We paid £70 per night for a private room and he was still thrown out at 8.30pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:45 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TraceyW
Now how fab is that!

I wonder how many parents go out for the night and drag it over for a week!!!
I agree Tracy sounds great
Ace
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:46 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by ACE
What husband wouldn't want to when there's a new arrival? I know mine wanted to when our son was born last year. We paid £70 per night for a private room and he was still thrown out at 8.30pm.

Yes I agree about the excitment of a new arrival but Tracy said her friends baby was taken care of in the nursery? hardly there for a romantic cuddle with his wife?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Grayling

G
It wasn't my intention to 'knock' the NHS, I feel they can only provide a certain service on the funds they receive and the ameneties they have.

I was comparing the treatment of a friend in Oz to my experience (twice) of having babies in this country. Vastly different. Even down to the care directly from staff. During my time in hospital the staff were so stretched they had no time to spend chatting and being compassionate to the new mums, even though I'm sure they would have liked to have done. I have nothing but admiration for nursing staff in this country......it's the purse holders that need the kick up the bum.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:48 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: For all expectant mums heading for Perth

Originally posted by TraceyW
A friend of mine has just had a baby in a Perth hospital. She had to have a 'c' section and they are keeping her in for at least a week to 10 days!! They were shoving me out of the door after just 3 days when I had mine!!!

Get this ladies.....her hubby is going in tonight...to stay in the hospital with her...in a double bed...and the hospital have given them a special choice menu to pick a lovely dinner from...whilst the baby is taken care of in the nursery!!!!!

Bloody no chance of that sort of treatment over here is there!!! Oh, that is unless your name's Victoria Beckham !!!!
That sounds like a lovely way to welcome a new arrival I would have loved that when we had our second baby last year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.