Reload this Page >

To all Brits in Adelaide!

To all Brits in Adelaide!

Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:38 am
Just Joined

smilesoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up To all Brits in Adelaide!

Hi Ladies!

This is all very new to me and a complete first! I have been in Adelaide for 20 months and have settled very well with my family (3 kids aged 3,8,10 and hubby) and we all love it here! I truly miss English humour and would like to meet more British Expats like myself.

I enjoy days out with kids, girly nights out, dancing, cinema, gym and running, I am good at sunbathing but crap at swimming! Will give any sport a try for a laugh so count me in.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough
Default Re: To all Brits in Adelaide!

Hi there. Where about in Adelaide are you? We are in Brooklyn Park, been here since October. We have 2 kids, 3 & 6.

Mrs G
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:50 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smilesoz
Hi Ladies!

This is all very new to me and a complete first! I have been in Adelaide for 20 months and have settled very well with my family (3 kids aged 3,8,10 and hubby) and we all love it here! I truly miss English humour and would like to meet more British Expats like myself.

I enjoy days out with kids, girly nights out, dancing, cinema, gym and running, I am good at sunbathing but crap at swimming! Will give any sport a try for a laugh so count me in.

Well, I am not a lady but my OH is

We hope to be in Adelaide very soon ()

Not sure where we will end up but possibly Woodcroft area. Guess we could end up almost anwhere when looking for work.

We have three boys aged 9, 7 and 3 and a girl of 15 months. Mrs Cooler and I play golf, very badly in my case. She's not much of a runner but she is good at sunbathing I have warned her to be careful though - I'll be the one with the factor 1000 on!

British humour - the boss where I left said I had a unique one

Where are you?

Cooler
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Heellloo Mr and Mrs Cooler!

Exciting times ahead. Woodcroft is not too far from where we are, we are in Tusmore just 5K from the city. What part of the UK are you from?

When are you planning to arrive? I can always help you out with toys and baby cots etc. We borrowed everything when we arrived, it's not easy but we all help each other out where we can. People here are always very accomodating.

Well it's raining here too, has been for nearly two weeks so ur not missing much, but we will have sun and lots of it too! Yeeehhhaaarrr.

Thanks for reply x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

You are not too far from us either. If you fancy a catch up anytime give me a shout.

Mrs G
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:22 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MRS G and smilesoz.

We are currently in Manchester and was hoping for the visa by now but, there's always next week.

Word of warning, we are both very chatty

Rain, you have not heard what it's been like here, torrential rain although it is sunny here today.

Thanks for the offers, we'll undoubtedly take you up.

Cooler
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
British humour - the boss where I left said I had a unique one
Cooler
Ain't that the truth!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:41 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Ay up people,

Myself and the Dougettes, wifey and two boys 4 & 8 nearly will be making our way towards yourselves in the near future also.

Got all my trade assessments together and visa submitted just have to attach two of our passport photo's and then start waiting so aa little behind you Cooler it seems.

We have friends in Aldinga so will probs start off there and then set up camp properly where the work is.

Cannot wait..........

Dougie
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Well be sure to let us know when you arrive, Aldinga is such a gob smacking beautiful place. We had our first holiday there. We will definitely come and visit you guys an find local site, we will bring the tent, beer and BBQ in true Aussie style x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Thanks MRS G and smilesoz.

We are currently in Manchester and was hoping for the visa by now but, there's always next week.

Word of warning, we are both very chatty

Rain, you have not heard what it's been like here, torrential rain although it is sunny here today.

Thanks for the offers, we'll undoubtedly take you up.

Cooler
Oh good I like chatty! I have other mates here who are from your manor, completely mad and chatty too. I is from down South!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MRS G
You are not too far from us either. If you fancy a catch up anytime give me a shout.

Mrs G
Thanks Mrs G

Hey knowing Adelaide we probably already know each other , how funny wld that B!

What you fancy doing? Kids, cinema, pub? Something mad? Ice skating?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mrs G

Hey knowing Adelaide we probably already know each other , how funny wld that B!

We are in Tusmore x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:15 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Well be sure to let us know when you arrive, Aldinga is such a gob smacking beautiful place. We had our first holiday there. We will definitely come and visit you guys an find local site, we will bring the tent, beer and BBQ in true Aussie style x

I will keep you informed of any developments in our application.

And as for the highlighted.............. Now were talking just what I like to hear....

Will look forward to it for sure

Keep in touch

Dougie
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mrs G

My life at the mo is usually being with the kids. My only get away is when I go to the gym! I've not had a good girly night out since I've been here either and I've been here 9 months! We can maybe meet at a park with the kids if you like. PM me.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MRS G
My life at the mo is usually being with the kids. My only get away is when I go to the gym! I've not had a good girly night out since I've been here either and I've been here 9 months! We can maybe meet at a park with the kids if you like. PM me.
I wld PM u if I knew how to do it! I can hardly reply on this, never know which reply button to use? Wot gym u go 2, I go Burnside Goodlife.Nine months, good greif you must be going insane I try to go on a boogie quaterly! That works out to be four times a yr. not too much but just enuf to remind me I am not cut out for hangovers. I never seem to remember that before a night out tho!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.