Alistairboyle

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alistairboyle

Congrats AB

Not sure what a Concierge does, probably tells people how to use the Forum. I'm sure he will go well.

Does he get access to the Mods Goodies cupboard as well..... and get to read the PM's ?

God I love that last line, it's an oldie but a Goodie.......should keep him busy.

Happy reading AB

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 23rd 2010 at 10:53 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Congrats AB

Not sure what a Concierge does, probably tells people how to use the Forum. I'm sure he will go well.

Does he get access to the Mods Goodies cupboard as well..... and get to read the PM's ?

God I love that last line, it's an oldie but a Goodie....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ies/sneaky.gif...should keep him busy.

Happy reading AB
It's just that, welcome the newbies (without scaring them away ) , tell them how things work etc.Sue introduced the idea when she started up the Welcome Inn. Not all the forums have Concierges yet, just a question of picking the right people.

Ermmmm....he might get to play with some of the goodies, we could let him near the bottom shelf As for reading the pms even Sue doesn't get to do that
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It's just that, welcome the newbies (without scaring them away ) , tell them how things work etc.Sue introduced the idea when she started up the Welcome Inn. Not all the forums have Concierges yet, just a question of picking the right people.

Ermmmm....he might get to play with some of the goodies, we could let him near the bottom shelf As for reading the pms even Sue doesn't get to do that
Damn your on the ball early this morning Polly.... Could have least let 60 mins worth of PM related "issues' float by

Dont you get hangovers... I thought you would have been asleep ?

Enjoy the Digestive Biccies AB
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:02 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Damn your on the ball early this morning Polly.... Could have least let 60 mins worth of PM related "issues' float by

Dont you get hangovers... I thought you would have been asleep ?

Enjoy the Digestive Biccies AB
Got someone off sick so I'm stuck on day shifts - been forced to sleep overnight and get up at 5am I can't deal with this, I've done two days in a row I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzzz on the desk by lunchtime Fourth cup of coffee and I've turned all the lights down to try and persuade myself its really a night shift!
Please God he is better and back at work tomorrow, I can't cope with being awake in daylight for a third day
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Got someone off sick so I'm stuck on day shifts - been forced to sleep overnight and get up at 5am I can't deal with this, I've done two days in a row I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzzz on the desk by lunchtime Fourth cup of coffee and I've turned all the lights down to try and persuade myself its really a night shift!
Please God he is better and back at work tomorrow, I can't cope with being awake in daylight for a third day
Nothing worse that Shift Changes, really upsets the system.. Hope it goes as smooth as possible and quickly. I guess it's quiet up there with no danger on the horizon, which would make the day drag a a bit.

Does the fact that the Wife and I just started 5 weeks holidays from work help you at all ?

Get home soon and crack a couple ASAP
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I only recently noticed that we had concierges, are they a new thing? I spotted them in Welcome Inn recently. New poster pops up, says hello and within what seemed like seconds, 25 concierges posted one after another asking newbie if they needed any help.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:41 pm
Home and Happy

Nothing worse that Shift Changes, really upsets the system.. Hope it goes as smooth as possible and quickly. I guess it's quiet up there with no danger on the horizon, which would make the day drag a a bit.

Does the fact that the Wife and I just started 5 weeks holidays from work help you at all ?

Get home soon and crack a couple ASAP
Weeellllllll it should be quiet, but three huge earthquakes in the Philippines in the last two hours is keeping me busy Nine hours to go and counting....

Enjoy your holidays........only 92 days till I get one of those
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard Alistair

you're the good cop we're the bad

Only joking.

Maybe
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I only recently noticed that we had concierges, are they a new thing? I spotted them in Welcome Inn recently. New poster pops up, says hello and within what seemed like seconds, 25 concierges posted one after another asking newbie if they needed any help.
yeah, see my post above. Alistair is the first Aussie forum one, and it has indeed only be running a little while.
I shall take the liberty of quoting Sue on the subject - Concierges should be able to welcome new members with a "warm cookie, come in and take a seat, would you like a cup of tea?" type of attitude!!
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations AB ... it is now my mission to out-welcome you.

+10 points for a welcome
+10 points if they stay for more than 20 posts
+50 points if they stay and do not sweep a generalisation in those 20 posts
-75 points if you welcome a troll

Let the games commence
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Congratulations AB ... it is now my mission to out-welcome you.

+10 points for a welcome
+10 points if they stay for more than 20 posts
+50 points if they stay and do not sweep a generalisation in those 20 posts
-75 points if you welcome a troll

Let the games commence
Blimey, with you plus Furkem and Despise its gonna be a looooong weekend
Old Jul 24th 2010, 1:10 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody...and thank you for the positive replies.

I'm still waiting for my uniform and my torch.........

I had the pleasure of reporting a nutter last night..(we can all do that I know) but I saw my own message.....

At the moment I appear to be the only conc in the Australia section SO if anyone else wants to join in? However, you will have to be nice to Sue (and all the newbies!) if you want to play. It does keep you busy though!
Old Jul 24th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Its a fairly new idea, aimed at welcoming new members. See here for more details: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671648
"Hello newbie and welcome to BE. That question was only asked yesterday/there is no way we can predict what rules will change/have you used the search facility?"

That sort of thing?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tartankoala
"Hello newbie and welcome to BE. That question was only asked yesterday/there is no way we can predict what rules will change/have you used the search facility?"

That sort of thing?
Yep, but also stuff like realising when someone turns up on a forum like this it may be their first foray into the world of forums, or even into the world of the internet. Some people don't know how to use a search engine - and I'll admit BE's does have problems often with finding some threads. Also if new to the whole world of migration as well then they won't know some of the terms we take for granted. Some people just plunge into google, search for "Immigration to Australia" and come up with BE - so although to some of us it sounds like spoon-feeding, they need to be pointed into the direction of everything from www.immi.gov.au onwards.
Also if someone is new to the internet it can be very scary when you come across all these strange people who seem to know each other; they need to be put at their ease, led by the hand to the other forums etc.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hello everybody...and thank you for the positive replies.

I'm still waiting for my uniform and my torch.........

I had the pleasure of reporting a nutter last night..(we can all do that I know) but I saw my own message.....

At the moment I appear to be the only conc in the Australia section SO if anyone else wants to join in? However, you will have to be nice to Sue (and all the newbies!) if you want to play. It does keep you busy though!
Yes, you are the only Aussie one at present Don't hold your breath for the uniform and torch...... though you might get a badge if you're very good after the first 6 years of service!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.