Airlines to oz

Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

hcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant future
Default Airlines to oz

Anyone recommend any good airlines to oz. Preferbly cheap with a nice stop over.

Thanks
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Airlines to oz

We flew with Singapore Airlines who we loved, we stopped in Singapore which was okay for a few days. I would definatly recommend Singapore Airlines as it was the cheapest for us too. The flight was very comfortable, lots of space, service was good too, hubby loved the food!. I actually slept on the flight and I have never slept on a plane in my life! That might of been the stress preleaving the UK I guess, I was probably glad to be on my way!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

Hi
I have flown with Quantas and Singapore airlines. Quatas was ok, food ok and service good. The only issue I found with them is the leg room was on the small side (I am quite tall)

Singapore were by far better (and cheaper at the time I flew) service was excellent, crew couldn't do enough for you. Food was good and the inflight entertainment was better than with quantas. Leg room is a couple of inches more generous.

That was my experience, but I am sure others will beg to differ!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hcmoore1
Anyone recommend any good airlines to oz. Preferbly cheap with a nice stop over.

Thanks
Hi
we are looking at going to perth in feb -08 have done lots of searches and found singapore the cheapest at the moment.
We have flown with them and also emirates both airlines are great but we would pref singapore as the timings would be right for us.

Try www.asdatravel.co.uk these seem the cheapest at the mo

But it really depends on your needs, where from, where going , what time of the year.

So i suggest you search them all for yourself.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

I was supposed to fly with Qantas last year but ended up on BA. Jetstar from Singapore to Cairns were good, no entertainment but great food and service - miles better than BA which I had just got off. Jetstar is part of Qantas. You book on one airline but could end up on BA or Qantas and then Qantas or Jetstar.

Singapore Airlines were good. I also liked Japan Airlines, seats were little smaller than I'm normally used too though.

I hear Malaysian are great too.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

I have heard that singapore is the best, they also allow you an extra 20 kg pp on your first trip on your visa
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:22 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, as an Australian livcing in the UK I have had the pleasure of taking the trip a dozen times over the lst 3 years!

BA and Qantas co-share - so you could be on either plane regardless of who you book through. They are generally very good and have good entertainment systems and good food(by airline standards)

I would recommend Singapore. they have nice new planes and are generally one of the cheapest carriers!

ONe note that I would add is to DEFINATLY SHOP AROUND - you can save up to £300 per ticket just by spending half an hour on the net or walking from one travel agent to the next!!

I now book mine on the net cause its convenient and I have done it so many times I know what to expect, but a lady I work with is uncomfortable booking such and expensive flight on the net and always gets internet quotes then goes and talks to a travel agent - she says they have always matched or beaten the price she can get on the net!

Good luck and happy shopping!

A