Airline Seats

Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough
Default Airline Seats

Have just found this superb website and thought I'd share it. I'm sure some of you have seen it before, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned here.

The website is called www.seatguru.com .It basically goes through every aircraft for every airline, detailing information such as good seats, location of facilities and layouts of the plane. It means that if you are offered particular seats, you will know instantly whether these have extra legroom or are next to the toilets.

Sadly it can't predict whether there will be noisy (or smelly) people nearby.

We booked our tickets today, so it was lovely to look them up straight away.

Hope this is useful,

Rachel.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Seats

what a good site, thankyou and lucky you booking your flight. good luck.
libby
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
Have just found this superb website and thought I'd share it. I'm sure some of you have seen it before, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned here.

The website is called www.seatguru.com .It basically goes through every aircraft for every airline, detailing information such as good seats, location of facilities and layouts of the plane. It means that if you are offered particular seats, you will know instantly whether these have extra legroom or are next to the toilets.

Sadly it can't predict whether there will be noisy (or smelly) people nearby.

We booked our tickets today, so it was lovely to look them up straight away.

Hope this is useful,

Rachel.
Good site but Emirates and Malaysian are 2 notable exceptions. But fear not, other sites such as seatexpert.com and airlinequality.com are more comprehensive. e.g for Malaysian:

http://www.seatexpert.com/_MH_747_400.html

OzTennis
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:09 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Good site but Emirates and Malaysian are 2 notable exceptions. But fear not, other sites such as seatexpert.com and airlinequality.com are more comprehensive. e.g for Malaysian:

http://www.seatexpert.com/_MH_747_400.html

OzTennis
Hello

Just a rider to the seating plan for Malaysian Airlines - the dodgy seats marked as 62 A&C and 62 on the other side (J&K?) and nearly always NOT available as they are reserved for the crew to rest whenever they are able.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea to take along to the airport. My hubby is 6.5ft. So many times we have been told we have the exit row by check in staff only to find once we get on the plane they lied.
Thanks for the site, will print it off
KAZ
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello

Just a rider to the seating plan for Malaysian Airlines - the dodgy seats marked as 62 A&C and 62 on the other side (J&K?) and nearly always NOT available as they are reserved for the crew to rest whenever they are able.

Regards

Jim
Thanks for that Jim. Do you have any other thoughts on Malaysian - we are using them because Emirates 'cheapies' were all sold up? The websites and postings here seem to suggest they are 'pretty good' and the 34" seat pitch will be good.

OzTennis
Old Feb 28th 2005, 2:52 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Thanks for that Jim. Do you have any other thoughts on Malaysian - we are using them because Emirates 'cheapies' were all sold up? The websites and postings here seem to suggest they are 'pretty good' and the 34" seat pitch will be good.

OzTennis
We are old Malaysian hands and are in their Frequent Flyer club (must be due a freebie soon!)

Yes - I, and others, have previously posted up that we are pretty impressed with them, and I wouldn't have stayed with them for about 10 return trips if they had been duff.

The 34 inch seat pitch is a big bonus of course, especially for the distance involved.

Presume you realise that as you have an onward ticket to Australia you can take advantage of the Malaysia Stopover programme which entitles each of you to a free return trip from KL to any destination within Malaysia (including Borneo, Sabah and Sarawak) and also gives a highly discounted rate for hotels. We have used this every time, sometimes on the return flight also, as it gives you a good chance to break the journey, chill out, and see something of somewhere else - you do have to pick which coast though to avoid the relevant monsoon season.

Back to the seating - if you are looking to try to obtain your favourite seats with them - they allow you to make a request no earlier than 3 months prior to your flight. They will not guarantee anything - even to us Flyer card holders - but if you don't ask, you certainly won't get. As for where - I can't understand why the site you put up states that the side seats by the aisle in row 61 is dodgy - other than the queue for the loo, after meals and before landing, sometimes reaches back to here. A few minutes of that is no great deal and we reckon that seats 60 A & C and 61 A & C and their equivalent on the starboard side - H& K - are good news.

For a start - they are pairs only (the only ones in Economy) - ie no disturbing anyone else and vice versa, there is additional storage space between the seats and the windows and you get to be first in the loo run!! And, the row behind - 62 - as I've said before, is only occupied when the crew are getting a couple of hours sleep somewhere over the desert!

Up to you - but worth a try?

Regards

Jim

Disadvantages - you are one of the last off the plane - usually - but so what after hours travelling?