Airline recommendations

Wikiposts

Airline recommendations

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough
Question Airline recommendations

Hi everyone!
Have just sold the house - literally four hours ago! - so are now thinking of which airline to go with. We will be paying for business class as husband is 6ft 4in. Has anyone got any recommendations or airlines to avoid?

Thanks ever so,

Rachel.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:34 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline recommendations

Originally Posted by aussiesoon
Hi everyone!
Have just sold the house - literally four hours ago! - so are now thinking of which airline to go with. We will be paying for business class as husband is 6ft 4in. Has anyone got any recommendations or airlines to avoid?

Thanks ever so,

Rachel.
Hi Rachel,

Big congrats on selling your house.....that's a rare commodity around here at the moment!!

There's lots of info here re good + bad airlines, just do a search and most of the info will be there.

D D
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Thank you! We are quite excited tonight and ringing everyone we can!

Rachel.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Hi everyone!

Thanks ever so,

Rachel.

We flew with Singapore, cannot fault them, but Emirates, Cathay and Malaysian are all supposed to be exellent.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Of course, there are many good reasons to fly business class...and if I could afford it I would too. Not sure of your circumstances, but if legroom is he only issue, have you not thought of going 'premium economy' with BA or Virgin - it would save you a fortune if that mattered to you.

Otherwise, I have flown in both classes in Cathay Pacific several times and find them perfectly good. They are also doing good Cathay deals to Aus at the mo' though www.sagitta-tvl.com. Their site may not look very slick, but the prices aren't bad.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Lees travel is much cheaper than the link above
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We used Lees Travel and flew with Singapore. Could not fault them
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Billabong
We used Lees Travel and flew with Singapore. Could not fault them
yep, Lee's travel for me too and never had an issue. Always got the cheapest flights with them too. I have always used singapore airlines and always been happy. www.ozflights.co.uk

I flew to Oz last March on a return ticket. I am going home for a wedding in April and they let me extend the 52 week expiry by 2 weeks. This also enables me to book a ticket from the UK (550 pounds return departing uk beginning of May) instead of booking from Oz ($2250 for same flight) so, as long as I go home once a year, I can keep buying my flights from the UK as its a lot cheaper!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:55 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Thanks ever so,

Rachel.
Hey firstly well done

Secondly we flew with Cathy Pacfic and they were great..I am just over 6 ft, on the first leg to Hong Kong I had an aisle seat and loads of leg space, on the next leg to brissie, had a window seat and no leg room. but apart from that they were very good.

shane
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ever so much. I've looked at the web-sites, but you can't beat personal recommendations.

Now I just have a house-full of furniture to sell ...

Rachel.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Thanks ever so much. I've looked at the web-sites, but you can't beat personal recommendations.

Now I just have a house-full of furniture to sell ...

Rachel.

Good luck in your new life down under.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Thank you to everyone who replied with constructive advice.

Rachel.

Last edited by wmoore; Feb 3rd 2005 at 3:51 am. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Don't go with Emirates - always 2 stops - :scared: bad, very bad :scared:

Staff not too friendly either

jane
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:43 am
Yeeehaahhh Cowboy

jonny140 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Don't go with Emirates - always 2 stops - :scared: bad, very bad :scared:

Staff not too friendly either

jane
Qantas simply the best airline in the world
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

On Emirates, one of their flights a day from Dubai to Melbourne and Sydney is non-stop. Others stop in Singapore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.