Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airline Network?

Airline Network?

Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airline Network?

Has anyone booked their flights through Airline Network? We like some of their options, but the same flights are either not available on other sites or the airline site direct, or they are available but three times the cost! Just a bit dubious that they might be too good to be true......

Bert
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:14 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Airline Network?

Hi Bert
We have deposits on flights with airline network.
We have used them quite a few times, the first time was a family holiday to disney, florida.
We have never has a problem with them.
If you prefer speak to them on the phone, and then if you want you can still book online
Carole
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Has anyone booked their flights through Airline Network? We like some of their options, but the same flights are either not available on other sites or the airline site direct, or they are available but three times the cost! Just a bit dubious that they might be too good to be true......

Bert
They are fine, we've used them 2 or 3 times. Latterly we always use Quest but there usually isn't much difference in price between these 2, we just prefer the Quest service. You can play one off the other providing you have a legitimate quote from another source.

OzTennis
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi Bert
We have deposits on flights with airline network.
We have used them quite a few times, the first time was a family holiday to disney, florida.
We have never has a problem with them.
If you prefer speak to them on the phone, and then if you want you can still book online
Carole
Yeah, I always get the web price and make sure I get that when talking to a rep on the phone. They aren't like the Easyjets etc i.e. with a web price and a higher phone price.

OzTennis
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:30 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Bert
we used them to LA and they were fine
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:59 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Airline Network?

A good travel agency to book with when flying Down Under or to Asia is

http://www.leestravel.com

http://www.leestravel.com/south-east...nformation.htm

They are a consolidator for many of the Asian airlines (eg. Singapore, Malaysian, Emirates etc) and also have an office near Marble Arch in London rather than having a call-centre based in India. I lived in Singapore for a few years and many British expats used Lees to book flights when their rellies and friends came out to visit from the UK as they are reliable and have a good reputation.

Actually, where is Airline Network based? I know that eBookers is all done through a call centre in India, is Airline Network the same? It concerns me a bit if you need to change flights etc. and end up talking to different people if there is something to dispute or need clarifying.

(edited; I put .co.uk by mistake instead of .com for the link).

Last edited by Englishmum; Sep 20th 2005 at 3:04 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:16 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Bert
you could also try http://www.travelbag.co.uk/
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Bert
used them for years, give them a call if you are in doubt, they are ABTA bonded I am sure, also try travelbag
bear in mind that sometimes a call gets you a better deal
Tara
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali south
used them for years, give them a call if you are in doubt, they are ABTA bonded I am sure, also try travelbag
bear in mind that sometimes a call gets you a better deal
Tara
Used Airline Network for all my recent flights - no problems at all. Plus they don't charge for sending tickets out.

I sometime check prices using www.cheapflights.co.uk as well.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:58 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
A good travel agency to book with when flying Down Under or to Asia is

http://www.leestravel.com

http://www.leestravel.com/south-east...nformation.htm

They are a consolidator for many of the Asian airlines (eg. Singapore, Malaysian, Emirates etc) and also have an office near Marble Arch in London rather than having a call-centre based in India. I lived in Singapore for a few years and many British expats used Lees to book flights when their rellies and friends came out to visit from the UK as they are reliable and have a good reputation.

Actually, where is Airline Network based? I know that eBookers is all done through a call centre in India, is Airline Network the same? It concerns me a bit if you need to change flights etc. and end up talking to different people if there is something to dispute or need clarifying.

(edited; I put .co.uk by mistake instead of .com for the link).
Just wanted to say thanks for the link for Lee's Travel. My Husband had been shopping around for a week for flights I mentioned the recommendation so he contacted them and they were the best price.
So good that he bought us tickets to come back next summer and then back to Oz again. He said that it would be good for me to have a visit back to my family to look forward too. Aaaahhhhh isn't that sweet. I worked out today its because he wants to see the last 2 weeks of the World Cup in the Northern Hemisphere we fly home the day after the final.....

We fly 2 weeks today!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:00 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Bert

I have only used them once back in April when we booked our flights and hotel to Thailand.

Slightly disorganised trying to get info from sales assistants, but the tickets arrived promptly, they organised someone to meet us at the airport, in fact everything was perfect.

That was a package though and cant comment on flights only, but I would use them again for sure.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Bert
We got cheap flights to Oz with them a couple of years ago...everything fine, a few customer service issues- but nowadays your lucky to find a company that hasnt
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kelli28
you could also try http://www.travelbag.co.uk/
Travelbag used to be a nice little firm started up by some Aussies which gave real good personal service. It was taken over by eBookers and has gone down the call centre in India route.

OzTennis
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Another site I have used twice and never had any problems is www.oztalk.co.uk

An Aussie company and fairly reliable.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help. We booked through Quest, and they were exceptionally helpful. Airline Network couldnt get me off the phone quick enough, whereas Quest altered our flights to our requirements, boooked our seats for us etc. Couldnt recommend them enough to be honest. Oh and even managed to get the flights cheaper then Airline Network too!!!!! It did help having a good idea of how much airline network were quoting beforehand though just to compare.

Totally top notch service! We're off on the 28th November flying Cathay to Hong Kong, then on to Sydney. 5 nights in Sydney then flying Jetstar on to real life in Mackay where my job is waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.