Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Airline did you use?

Which Airline did you use?

Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Airline did you use?

We have booked with SA and have an email confirming our luggage allowance of 40kgs each.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

We have booked with Qantas. Becuuse we are planning to return to (hopefully!) sort things out with the house we needed flexible return dates. It would be wonderful if things were sorted before we go but need to be realistic.

Qantas charge £100 for the two of us to change our return dates.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Qantas charge £100 for the two of us to change our return dates.
Singapore didn't charge a penny, and I changed return date twice! ...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Paul and Nic,

Just out of interest did you get a flexi ticket or was that date change within a six month period?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi Paul and Nic,

Just out of interest did you get a flexi ticket or was that date change within a six month period?
I just booked a normal return ticket, Oz - UK - Oz, but half way through visit (originally a month) I wanted to say longer so phoned them to see if I could move return back a few weeks and they checked for availability and said no prob and changed. Then I decided a week was enough so phoned again and asked to bring forward a week and being close to Xmas they didn't have a spare flight, but put me on a waiting list and a few days later I got a call and return was bought forward the week I was after ...

No mention of any charge and I certainly did'nt pay them anything ...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Paul and Nic,

Yeah, we are going out for a longer period and are possibly looking to extend our stay to over six months...it all depends. We did look at SA, and knew they changed dates FOC within six months, but after that you were looking at either a flexi ticket or taking the current cost of a ticket and paying the difference to what you had originally paid.

We're awkward bunnies see!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely lots of think about, thanks guys
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian now top my list over Singapore and Emirates.

Better legroom in economy. 34 seat pitch compared to 32 in other other airlines. Cheaper and same/better quality premium cabin classes in first and business.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We have booked with SA and have an email confirming our luggage allowance of 40kgs each.
Hi PP, did you book your tickets directly with SA to get the 40kgs each?

Have been checking their website out today as our house sale is going a bit quicker than we expected and we are now looking at flights for around the 14/15th Feb - SA don't have anything available until 25th Feb at the earliest but I can get a flight on another website. If we do this I was wondering if we could still email SA to get the bigger allowance.

Amanda
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Malaysian now top my list over Singapore and Emirates.

Better legroom in economy. 34 seat pitch compared to 32 in other other airlines. Cheaper and same/better quality premium cabin classes in first and business.
That's interesting because they are £400 cheaper than SA Will make further enquiries.

Does anyone know what Malaysian's luggage allowance is, one way?

K xx
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone flown Cathey?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Another fan of Singapore airlines here (and we got the 40kg baggage allowance and didn't fly direct). Avoid BA/Quantas if you have a choice - I had an absolutely nightmare experience with them in September when I had to get back to Ireland quickly due to a family emergency. Everything that could go wrong did, they were unhelpful at every turn, and the rudeness of some of the cabin crew (both Quantas and BA) was beyond believable.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:37 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Just flown BA/QANTAS over xmas (got back yesterday) and couldnt complain with the service we got. They still dont go the extra mile like Singapore and Emirates but overall it wasnt a bad experience.

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Another fan of Singapore airlines here (and we got the 40kg baggage allowance and didn't fly direct). Avoid BA/Quantas if you have a choice - I had an absolutely nightmare experience with them in September when I had to get back to Ireland quickly due to a family emergency. Everything that could go wrong did, they were unhelpful at every turn, and the rudeness of some of the cabin crew (both Quantas and BA) was beyond believable.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

We flew with singapore airlines got the 40kg baggage no questions and changes our return to 8 months later no charge. Great ailine
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:45 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

We flew with Emirates last year, Singapore this time. We thought Emirates was slightly better. Both give double luggage allowance for an unvalidated permanent visa but onlt Singapore allows a stopover with the double luggage allowance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.