Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which airline??????

Which airline??????

Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about
Default Which airline??????

Hi everyone

Some much needed advice please...currently about to book our flights for November and its between Cathay Pacific and £400 more expensive Quantas. Its myself my husband and 4 boys....ages 12, 8, 6 and 18 months. A horrendous thought....with that motley crew!!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated flying from Glasgow to Adelaide

Lia
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:13 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which airline??????

Cathay are a good airline and preferable over Qantas imo.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Cathay every time..........
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

been reading that the seats are so uncomfortable...Emirates and Singapore are so much more expensive.
decisions..decisions

thanks for your replies

Lia
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liamcnaught
Hi everyone

Some much needed advice please...currently about to book our flights for November and its between Cathay Pacific and £400 more expensive Quantas. Its myself my husband and 4 boys....ages 12, 8, 6 and 18 months. A horrendous thought....with that motley crew!!!!!

Lia
Hi we are flying cathay in Aug to Perth , our cats are going quantas lol ....all asian airlines are good , quantas is good all much the same to be honest, my sister works for emirates they never answer the call bloody bell..........flown them 6 times ..........apart from her they are shite .....we went for the cheapest quote .............cathay ..............sometimes they come out more expensive than all ............other times japanese airlines is the most costly , and malasian airlines normally come cheaper however thay are more than quantas when we asked for a quote ....so mt suggestion is do u want a stop over if so depends where you want to go or if you are looking for the chepest .........we are looking forward to stop in hong kong a few days before our permanent stop in perth .........good luck any way
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Hi we are flying cathay in Aug to Perth , our cats are going quantas lol ....all asian airlines are good , quantas is good all much the same to be honest, my sister works for emirates they never answer the call bloody bell..........flown them 6 times ..........apart from her they are shite .....we went for the cheapest quote .............cathay ..............sometimes they come out more expensive than all ............other times japanese airlines is the most costly , and malasian airlines normally come cheaper however thay are more than quantas when we asked for a quote ....so mt suggestion is do u want a stop over if so depends where you want to go or if you are looking for the chepest .........we are looking forward to stop in hong kong a few days before our permanent stop in perth .........good luck any way
what are your thoughts on these new seats on CP...reviews seem to say they are bloody uncomfortable?

Lia

PS we are giving our beloved Danny (our cat) to friends...
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:32 am
Social Director

Kirstydownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Emirates from Glasgow to Brisbane and wasnt too expensive, and would definetely recommend them! We flew with a 7yr old a 2yr old, and me 35 weeks pregnant. Was actually a really pleasane experience and trhe food was lovely!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I didn't notice much difference with the seats. I am quite tall and big and it was fine. Just put a pillow behind your back. Honestly not worth worrying about.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

thought about trying singapore airlines? I have done the trip a couple of times with them to heathrow and never had any problems
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

what are your thoughts on these new seats on CP...reviews seem to say they are bloody uncomfortable?

Lia

My wife and I flew back to the UK last year with CP.

I felt the new 'shell' reclining seat was alright, not that much different to the old style. The fact that the person in front cannot recline into your space was quite nice. My wife however, who is 5ft 1inch, found the seats very uncomfortable.

The service was great etc.... however I think we would go with others next time we do long haul.

Hope this helps,

J
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone

Lia
Never flown Cathay but personally i wouldnt fly with any airline but Singapore.
They are the bench level for all other airlines
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:59 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Never flown Cathay but personally i wouldnt fly with any airline but Singapore.
They are the bench level for all other airlines
Yup, another vote for Singapore ... done long haul with and without young kids, can't fault 'em for service.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Lia

hiya , seats seem fine ,,, awww bet ur miss Danny , we have an old whippet 15 yrs we have had her , she will have to be put down as shes old ill .....sad
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:58 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing that puts me off flying Quantas is the fact they co-share with BA and I'm never flying BA again if I can help it...

Singapore get consistantly good write-ups on here so I reckon that's who we'll be going with when we make the move. Have flown Virgin to Sydney and couldn't fault them either.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me your experiences and advicexx Finally booked with Singapore....its finally happening!!!!

Lia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.