Which Airline?

Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:45 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Airline?

Originally Posted by mel30
This is really helpful thanks all, we have 2 kids so they need to be entertained!!
We have two tiddlers Mel. Singapore Airlines were absolutely excellent - could not fault them.

A short while ago, there was a pole on here for the best airline. Singapore won it easily.

Cathay, Virgin, Malaysian and Emirates seem to have good reputations, if you want alternatives.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:04 pm
Not long now..

robs12 is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Qantas in Feb & it was a nightmare. The abridged version involved a 5 hour wait on the tarmac at Heathrow with no food, no air con & no TV due to a 'lost' bag & some problem with power. Then on the return they tried to sit our 4 year old daughter two rows in front of us with a stranger...and we were on the plane before they sorted it. Awful & never again.
We fly out in September to stay..with Malaysian...taking advantage of their stopover package.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of

We fly out in September to stay..with Malaysian...taking advantage of their stopover package.[/QUOTE]

What stopover package?

I'm interested in spending a few days somewhere nice on the way. I have heard that some airlines do packages, but haven't started fully researching yet. What do Malaysian have to offer?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:34 pm
Not long now..

robs12 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you stop in KL on the way, they will give you a free return flight to somewhere else in Malaysia if you stay at one of the hotels in their brochure. And the hotels are pretty cheap. We're going to Langkawi for a week. Details are not posted on their website & we only found out about it through someone else - you have to phone them up & get a brochure.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd fly Cathay, Qantas, Lauda/Austrian, possibly Malaysian at a push, or JAL if I could go Business Class again (free upgrade, don't know what Economy is like).
For kids it sounds like Singapore are the way to go - that's who I'll recommend the family use when they visit, cos of reports from everyone else.

Emirates and BA belong in the same sentence as the words "not" "touch" and "barge-pole"!!!