Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airfares mid Jan to Perth

Airfares mid Jan to Perth

Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default Airfares mid Jan to Perth

Has anyone been looking up cheap flights? Himself has the idea he can get to Perth for around £400, but everything I've looked up has been more like £600, give or take a few quid.

Wouldn't it be nice to find a site that instead of asking what dates, listed cheapest flights. Find me a cheap flight, that's when I want to go!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airfares mid Jan to Perth

Originally Posted by Dawn Adams
Has anyone been looking up cheap flights? Himself has the idea he can get to Perth for around £400, but everything I've looked up has been more like £600, give or take a few quid.

Wouldn't it be nice to find a site that instead of asking what dates, listed cheapest flights. Find me a cheap flight, that's when I want to go!
OK... Just done a quick search

Oasis Hong Kong Flies Gatwick to Hong Kong 15th Jan = £213.00
Then Jet Star Hong kong to Singapore 15th Jan = £56.00
You'll need to stay overnight in Singapore, 17th Jan Tiger Airways Singapore to Perth = £100.00
All flights include tax. = £369.00.

I have priced it a lot cheaper if you plan ahead, later in the year.
I know I have been 'shot down' in the past as these flights might not connect etc etc but my point is if you have time and are looking for cheap flights, they are out there.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:50 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn Adams

If its one-way you're after then I can see Royal Brunei on Jan 24th for £504pp inc taxes.

http://www.bruneiair.com

Not 'shooting you down' h2oskineil because of your routing but because you don't normally include the taxes! If time allows, go for that itinerary, but also remember that Tiger has a 15kg baggage allowance and you will have to pay for any excesses.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Anything to/from Singapore is pretty cheap, then Tiger it over to the Wild West. Pay extra for the baggage and seat allocations and it still works out cheaper over most other options...
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Thanks all for your suggestions. I've sent the details to him by text, still waiting to hear back.

His mission now is to sell our most excellent travelling home for two: a dear old Merc van (boo hoo), pack up the acquisitions of the past five years and get them back to Aus, and get back here quick smart cos I miss him heaps.