Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Airfare cost????

Airfare cost????

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Default Airfare cost????

Hi, Does £2130 sound rediculous (Flight only) for a three week trip to Brisbane?

The flight is with Singapore Airlines from Manchester later this month, for myself, wife and child. Booking through ebookers!

Many Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Airfare cost????

Originally Posted by jayjd12
Hi, Does £2130 sound rediculous (Flight only) for a three week trip to Brisbane?

The flight is with Singapore Airlines from Manchester later this month, for myself, wife and child. Booking through ebookers!

Many Thanks
Nope! that's what we paid when we went at the beginning of July with Malaysia airlines, 2 adults 1 child Heathrow to Brisbane
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:14 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 3120 for five of us in november with emirates

jan xx
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robos
I paid 3120 for five of us in november with emirates

jan xx
The airlines know when the school holidays are in both Oz and UK so hike up the prices accordingly. Good price you got though.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Many Thanks

try on singapore airlines webiste, not always the case but sometimes booking direct can be a little cheaper. The price sounds okay though, we'll be about £2100 for 2 adults and 2 kids one way from glasgow-melbourne

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks
£1580 for two return with Singapore in November from Manchester....Airline Network.

G
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
£1580 for two return with Singapore in November from Manchester....Airline Network.

G
Remember that it is now the UK school holidays and that always pushes up the price.

G
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:58 pm
bromley to brisbane

ClareBear is on a distinguished road

Many Thanks
prices seem crazy, we've paid a lot less but travelled out of season (april/may return, then one-way 1 october), plus been able to book a few months in advance - one trip booked on e-bookers, the other on expedia, both with malaysian. but i guess if your child is at school you have little choice...
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ClareBear
prices seem crazy, we've paid a lot less but travelled out of season (april/may return, then one-way 1 october), plus been able to book a few months in advance - one trip booked on e-bookers, the other on expedia, both with malaysian. but i guess if your child is at school you have little choice...
October last year...cost us £495 return fom Manchester with Malaysian

This year prices seem much higher.

It is the 'Ashes' this year though

G
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Ditzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Air fares can depend on when you're travelling and the availability of seats. Not many travel agents will give you alternative options.

If you wanted to send me a pm with dates, where from and too etc I will have a look into it for you. (I have my own travel business).

If I don't find anything better then no problems!

I know China Airlines were doing a companion fare (2 for the price of 1) but don't know when that offer finished. We travelled with them when we went to visit Oz and they were pretty good!

Ditzie
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

I really think it's a case of get what you pay for. My friend and I went last November and paid £510 each Manchester to Sydney which was brilliant. However, we travelled by China Eastern and it was a living hell. 13 hours on a plane and you want to know you're going to be safe/comfy/get good service/food etc etc. Planning to go again with 2 kids and will book with Emirates or Singapore airlines. Have you looked at Dialaflight.com? They're who we got the best deal from last year and I've been looking for next year and they're still low in price compared to some.Good luck.

Many Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Airfare cost????

try wefly.com got some great prices on.
cheers lorri
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Lees travel and asda travel often have good deals. There are quite a few others out there if you are happy to sift through too.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Airfares are rising all around the world due to increasing fuel levies, although some airlines are using these levies to make more profit (BA have been caught out doing this).
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Many Thanks
Hi guys, many thanks for your input, I will visit some of the sites mentioned and see if I can find anything cheaper, if not, will book with the above.

Cheers again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.