Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

air conditioning jobs

air conditioning jobs

Old Mar 19th 2005, 1:31 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default air conditioning jobs

As it`s one of the near-essentials of life in Australia, I`m wondering what the job opportunities are or what education is available in Perth for someone without any direct experience but lot`s of learning ability and interest?
Old Mar 19th 2005, 10:44 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: air conditioning jobs

http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...ata/OCC187.asp

This should provide the info you're looking for
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:14 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...ata/OCC187.asp

This should provide the info you're looking for
Thanks Banana! Just saw this reply. The way this forum works is weird sometimes.

Surpised the wages start at $28000 .... I thought it would be alot more.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 12:10 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Stormz
Thanks Banana! Just saw this reply. The way this forum works is weird sometimes.

Hi

I am in the AC Business and an offsider or aprentice would be on this salary.
However a good installer or service tech would probably be on double this the emphasis being on "wages start at $28K".

I worked for a local contractor for awhile and the general standard was poor, however the frigies were still earning upto $70k a year and some were on a lot more. I seriously thought about going back to the "tools"

I now work for a major manufacturer of AC products, in after sales/technical support.

Every job I have applied for here I have been offered! (9 in total) There is a serious shortage of experianced people in all fields.

Good Luck

Paul J
Old Mar 20th 2005, 12:20 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stormz

Stormz,
Jacko is correct, when I started my apprenticeship in the UK it was on less than half of what I'm on now.

After you have finished it, it should rapidly rise as you become more usefull.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:15 pm
Superfreak!!

Thanks guys,

Well I will be unskilled but as the money is better it`s something I`m interested in breaking into. What courses would you sugegst I take to be able to earn the better than apprentice money, and which area? The after-sales and tech support I could handle quite easily I believe, after training.

10 years in digital tv has got to be worth something surely? I`m a pure-bred computer geek