Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Conditiioning, Refrigeration and Controls engineer looking for work in Perth

Air Conditiioning, Refrigeration and Controls engineer looking for work in Perth

Old May 7th 2011, 3:11 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Conditiioning, Refrigeration and Controls engineer looking for work in Perth

Hi I am Air Con & Refrigeration engineer looking for work in the Perth area. We are approx 2 months from getting our visa and plan to emigrate to Perth ASAP after that. Anyone willing to offer employment I would be truly grateful. I have 20yrs experience A/C, Refrigeration, Mechanical and BMS Controls experience on the tools as well as management experience to boot. C.V available if requested. Or PM me. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon. Si and family.
Old May 7th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future
Default Re: Air Conditiioning, Refrigeration and Controls engineer looking for work in Perth

Hi Simon,

First the couple of bits of bad news, to work on the tools as an AC engineer or fridge mechanic you will need to get your registration/licence dont know what this involves in WA but I have done it here in Victoria and it's a pain in the BUTT, it's a good job I didn't need it for my living, I project manage in AC HVAC but still wanted to have my trade recognised. secondly nobody will offer you anything until you have your Visa and even then most will only look at you when you are in the country.

Now to the good news! you will not be out of work with the list of skills and experience you have, especially with the BMS and management part, the company that I work for is part of a large HVAC group and our sister company (Triple M) is doing the Perth Hospital.

If you would like, send me a PM and possibly attach your CV and I can pass this on for you, I also have contact with some very good agents.

Who have you been doing it for in Nottingham? I was based in Long Eaton at my last job in the UK.

Good luck on the Visa, any help just give me a shout.

Cheers, Rob.
Old May 8th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Air Conditiioning, Refrigeration and Controls engineer looking for work in Perth

Hi Simon,
Rob is correct in his statement however in both Staes you also need to acquire you disconnect and reconnect electrical license.
Old May 8th 2011, 11:38 am
simon and clare

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi Simon,

First the couple of bits of bad news, to work on the tools as an AC engineer or fridge mechanic you will need to get your registration/licence dont know what this involves in WA but I have done it here in Victoria and it's a pain in the BUTT, it's a good job I didn't need it for my living, I project manage in AC HVAC but still wanted to have my trade recognised. secondly nobody will offer you anything until you have your Visa and even then most will only look at you when you are in the country.

Now to the good news! you will not be out of work with the list of skills and experience you have, especially with the BMS and management part, the company that I work for is part of a large HVAC group and our sister company (Triple M) is doing the Perth Hospital.

If you would like, send me a PM and possibly attach your CV and I can pass this on for you, I also have contact with some very good agents.

Who have you been doing it for in Nottingham? I was based in Long Eaton at my last job in the UK.

Good luck on the Visa, any help just give me a shout.

Cheers, Rob.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info, I used to live on the dales estate in Long Eaton so small world.

I have looked into the license and been in touch via email with ARCTIC people who said I can apply for my license here in the UK no problem as I just need to send my TRA and some other bits for the license. I had forgotten about the electrical side of things. How easy is it to get that sorted once in Oz. Is it the TAFE college you have to go with. Ideally I would like to go straight back into management but anything will do to get us started.

I will send my CV to you every oppurtunity helps.

I worked for a FM company called Cofathec or Cofely as they are now, I worked there as Contract Supervisor based in the Derby office working round the east midlands.

I know live in Belper just up the road.

Thanks as well Brignall for your help also.

Kind regards

Simon
Old May 8th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

HI Simon,
I am just about to take delivery of the first air cooled Cofely chiller to be fitted in Australia, lifting it onto a Melbourne office roof this Saturday!!

Yes send me your CV as Project Managers in the HVAC sector are saught after people, I also have a good relationship with the sole importer of the Cofely chillers, they are branded Quantum here.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old May 9th 2011, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Simon,

Quantum chillers would like your CV

OH nearly forgot we lived in Alfreton so just up the road from Belper!!

Cheers, Rob.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:47 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi Simon,

Quantum chillers would like your CV

OH nearly forgot we lived in Alfreton so just up the road from Belper!!

Cheers, Rob.
Hi Rob,

just up the road from us then, ironically we shop at the Tesco's there.

Please send me your email addy by P.M to me for my C.V.

Thanks

Si
Old May 25th 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

glasgowceltic is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to highjack this thread, but it was also exactly what I was looking for and would greatfully appreciate any help. Im currently living In melbourne after moving from u.k back In 2009 to do a air con/fridge cert 111 course which I am due to finish In sept this year. The course Is nearly complete with only my connect/disconnect lisence to get plus a few other modules. The problems Ive had here is getting work In the trade with poor summer weather/lack of work/my experience getting In my way of development and job stability. Ive had experience with a few blokes here and there and learned more than I new before, but they never have enough work for long and when Im heading the right way Im back to square one. Im am 32 years and really thinking about getting out of melbourne and heading to either perth/brisbane because of the hotter climates/ more work opportunitieswhich is vitaly important having put alot of effort into learning and spending money on my school. To be honest Im desperate to get my career going In the right direction and would love to get any advice fromt the guys on here. Cheers John
Old May 26th 2011, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi John,

Take it you know Dell then?

What was your background prior to re training? and who have you been working for?, I am a PM at Allstaff A/C in Melbourne so may be able to help you.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old May 26th 2011, 12:21 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi I am Air Con & Refrigeration engineer looking for work in the Perth area. We are approx 2 months from getting our visa and plan to emigrate to Perth ASAP after that. Anyone willing to offer employment I would be truly grateful. I have 20yrs experience A/C, Refrigeration, Mechanical and BMS Controls experience on the tools as well as management experience to boot. C.V available if requested. Or PM me. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon. Si and family.
I used these guys for my air con work in Perth..... give them a call.... you never know! :-)

http://www.wamechanical.com.au/

Service Technician in the Commercial HVAC field
and will be ideally suited to a person
looking to grow with the company.
You will be required to hold all licenses
associated with your trade.
Remuneration is negotiable depending
on Experience and includes all the
necessary items to fulfil your Role.
Please email your interest to
[email protected]
or call on 08 9240 7400
All applications or enquiries are
TREATED STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
Old May 27th 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

glasgowceltic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob and Si, I have both sent you private messages, rob let me know what you think and si thanks for the heads up.

Cheers guys much appreciated
Old May 28th 2011, 12:05 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by glasgowceltic
Hi Rob and Si, I have both sent you private messages, rob let me know what you think and si thanks for the heads up.

Cheers guys much appreciated
No probs