Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air con in northern suburbs

Air con in northern suburbs

Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air con in northern suburbs

[QUOTE=rossfive5]
Originally Posted by sj oldfield

Zone 1 is the living area (kitchen, family, meals), zone 2 is the lounge and study, zone 3 is the main bedroom and zone 4 covers the 3 other bedrooms. There are no vents in the bathrooms and laundry room or passages and entrance hall.
Ours is pretty much the same although ours is 6 zone so each bedroom is independent.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

hey ho, hey ho, it's off to work you go. It sound like you may need more vents and maybe more zones. Maybe pick the room you spend most of your time in and get one of those systems that go on the wall and blow out cold or hot air. They dont look very nice though.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=northernbird]
Originally Posted by rossfive5

Ours is pretty much the same although ours is 6 zone so each bedroom is independent.

Might have to have a couple of sleepovers at yours when the hot weather comes in!!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sj oldfield]
Originally Posted by northernbird

Might have to have a couple of sleepovers at yours when the hot weather comes in!!!
bring your bathers, new place has a nice pool too
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

[QUOTE=northernbird]

In hindsight, that is probably a good idea as my teenager often complains of being cold when the aircon is off and the rest of us are comfortable. We could just put her room on then. Never mind. It's done now.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

[QUOTE=rossfive5]
Originally Posted by northernbird

In hindsight, that is probably a good idea as my teenager often complains of being cold when the aircon is off and the rest of us are comfortable. We could just put her room on then. Never mind. It's done now.

aaghh, hindsight, what a wonderful thing
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=northernbird]

aaghh, hindsight, what a wonderful thing
Yes, it would fix everything.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Air con in northern suburbs

Daikin is the only way to go.

I try to only install Daikin as they are so reliable, i don't want call backs and i've never had a complaint from them.

Fujitsu and mitsubhishi are top end of the market to but if your spending that amount of cash get the little extra together and get a Daikin.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Looking to have air con fitted in the next few weeks. Anyone have any recommendations?
I just had 3 Fujitsu reverse cycle inverter units (2 large, 1 small) installed in our upstairs bedrooms & lounge. Total cost was about $5800 although Fujitsu gave us $750 cash-back ('free money' according to Mark Taylor). I'm very impressed with the performance & am looking forward to sleeping easier this summer. I've heard good things about Toshiba as well. I bought the units from Retravision which has the added extra of bonus Qantas airmiles (4000 in my case) as Retravision are a bonus partner for ANZ Frequent Flyer Credit Card. I organised an installer myself & he did a great job. Winter is a good time to get A/C installed as you can get good deals on the kit & the installers are not too busy.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:01 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Looking to have air con fitted in the next few weeks. Anyone have any recommendations?
We got ours from Betta Electrical, Mindarie (ahem Clarkson/Ocean Keys). Ours is a reverse cycle from LG, their selling point is that the metal components of the LG are galvanised, so won't corrode. Not had any probs with it. It was fitted in the kitchen/living room/dining room area for $1400.

Dunno if they do ducted though.

See ya

Last edited by gajjitt; Sep 1st 2006 at 3:04 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

It sounds alot doesn't it!! That was almost 3 months ago, and it's 4 zones not 3. And I think that was cheaper as it was winter.

Reverse cycle is alot cheaper, about half the price but then you dont get to have a nice cosy house in winter.
I'm confused now - I thought reverse cycle was the one that did the heating as well as cooling...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:14 pm
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
I'm confused now - I thought reverse cycle was the one that did the heating as well as cooling...

it sure is, must be a typo!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

The galvanised structure of the unit as with all a/c units will last forever then but the copper evaporator and condenser coil will go pourious in time with the condensation, i know these have a coating on them to but they disintergrate after a while. So it will have to be replaced anyway with time.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gajjitt
We got ours from Betta Electrical, Mindarie (ahem Clarkson/Ocean Keys). Ours is a reverse cycle from LG, their selling point is that the metal components of the LG are galvanised, so won't corrode. Not had any probs with it. It was fitted in the kitchen/living room/dining room area for $1400.

Dunno if they do ducted though.

See ya
Thanks for that Paul.....will get a price from them.