Wikiposts

Air con

Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Air con

Might sound a silly question but is there Air-con in schools in Oz, with the heat wave here (UK) the kids in school have a few fans and its just not enough,my 8 year old has just asked the question..

thanks

Steve
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:45 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air con

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Might sound a silly question but is there Air-con in schools in Oz, with the heat wave here (UK) the kids in school have a few fans and its just not enough,my 8 year old has just asked the question..

thanks

Steve
This was a worry for me too when we moved across. I believe most of the schools do have aircon (possibly not all rooms though?).
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tygwyn
This was a worry for me too when we moved across. I believe most of the schools do have aircon (possibly not all rooms though?).
thanks that going to be good news for him...37 kids in his class with 1 fan,ive been making them take iced water bottles with them,but the teachers wont let them have the bottles on the desk...in case they play with it
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not a silly question at all.

You would be surprised to hear that in Queensland the majority of schools are not air-conditioned and there has been a lot of talk from lobby groups in Queensland to make it compulsory but as yet, the state Government are not doing anything about it.

At least in the U.K the kids only have to put up with it for a couple of days a year, a little different here.

Tony
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:42 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of schools are not air conditioned. My own kids school has I think finally got a/c in all classrooms (lots of separate buildings) after the parents spent years fundraising the $50-100k necessary.

I have never known the school send kids home because of the heat, though I remember some parents choosing (illegally) to keep their kids at home when we had a week or so in the 40s a few years back.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Hi Steve,

Not a silly question at all.

You would be surprised to hear that in Queensland the majority of schools are not air-conditioned and there has been a lot of talk from lobby groups in Queensland to make it compulsory but as yet, the state Government are not doing anything about it.

At least in the U.K the kids only have to put up with it for a couple of days a year, a little different here.

Tony
Thats it total,smack in the face,i would have thought Aircon was standard in schools but like everywhere i guess its down to money...maybe i can tell him its broke
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:06 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
A lot of schools are not air conditioned. My own kids school has I think finally got a/c in all classrooms (lots of separate buildings) after the parents spent years fundraising the $50-100k necessary.

I have never known the school send kids home because of the heat, though I remember some parents choosing (illegally) to keep their kids at home when we had a week or so in the 40s a few years back.
A couple of years ago they sent them home from my daughters school because it was too hot.