Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Wikiposts

Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhh the injustice of it all...

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yup - me too. Some of the posts are lame I'm afraid and a bit rubbish. Trying to explain that to some people or regular posters on this board would be a little hopeless sadly.
no no, i hear ya
the pish threads a re a good way to have a laugh while waiting on real answer to real threads
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:02 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I will say just one thing - thanks to everyone who sent me karma for what I said. Its pretty obvious that I have definitely upset at least one person with what I said even though that was not the intention.

As such, that person has chosen to ignore me so thats fine too.

Love ya all!

Claire
x
We can't make everyone happy all of the time hun, I am sure that your views were taken and respected by all.

MMum
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:03 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - me too. Some of the posts are lame I'm afraid and a bit rubbish. Trying to explain that to some people or regular posters on this board would be a little hopeless sadly.
Ok but where do you draw the line?? Does that mean no threads about selling houses or no threads about a lack of M&S knickers. Lets face it one mans rubbish is another mans meat, what may not seem important to you could be to someone else.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:04 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

We are heading toward another "Banana Diaries" moment here aren't we :scared:

Time for us to chill a little
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:05 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

This whole issue happened with an internet football forum I frequented a few years ago, it went from informative, helpful debate to cliquey "in jokes and personal issues mixed with the ever lovely supportive group hug".

If you ever dared to upset the status quo you were jumped on like a rash, still, some people are so dependant on web forums they become a little too short sighted.................
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
still, some people are so dependant on web forums they become a little too short sighted.................
who said that
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:23 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
who said that
That went down like a sack of s**t didn't it..................
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:26 am
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
We are heading toward another "Banana Diaries" moment here aren't we :scared:

Time for us to chill a little
Don't want to interupt, but do you realise you have a man utd avatar. I'm sure its a mistake
No one could put that on purpose
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:27 am
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by bigjugs
Don't want to interupt, but do you realise you have a man utd avatar. I'm sure its a mistake
No one could put that on purpose

I'm not black with a Isaac Hayes accent btw
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Whether people like it or not one of the main problems with moving to the other side of the planet is homesickness/ culture shock. It is perfectly relevant that people post about things that are affecting them in OZ or in the UK building up to them leaving. The threads about problems at home make people think about how they would react if they were stuck in Australia when things like that happen to their family. It is surprising how many people don't have any awareness of the downsides to a move like this.
I am happy to see a balance of posts here but do find that people can be pretty aggressive when they don't agree with what someone else posts. I am happy here in Australia but have been unhappy on other moves so can sympathise with others having problems.
Nicky
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:44 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

.....It went from informative, helpful debate to cliquey "in jokes and personal issues mixed with the ever lovely supportive group hug".

If you ever dared to upset the status quo you were jumped on like a rash, still, some people are so dependant on web forums they become a little too short sighted.................
What a great post. I think its hard to draw the line as to what should be posted. I dont think its way out there to suggest that posts should actually have some relevence to Australian lifestyle and culture. Some people I feel seem to use this board as a self help remedy, and thats not a good thing for a whole host of reasons.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:49 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

This whole issue happened with an internet football forum I frequented a few years ago, it went from informative, helpful debate to cliquey "in jokes and personal issues mixed with the ever lovely supportive group hug".

Sounds like 'The Lounge' on this site
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Sounds like 'The Lounge' on this site
Actually, more recently it sounds like the Australian Lifestyle and Culture forum as well.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:59 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first created this login, I was accused of being a troll, got piles of abuse from loads of people in the lounge. I even had one guy pm'ing me saying it was his lifes mission to get me banned.

So in the end I got the coveted Banned (abuse) below my name, even though it was me getting the abuse.

So days of discussions with the admins etc explaining that this login was mine, as the wifey had hijacked my old login and eventually they re-instated me, as I had posted nothing worthy of a ban.

But it left a bad taste, that the abused get banned for attracting abuse apparently
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:58 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by A dogs life
When I first created this login, I was accused of being a troll, got piles of abuse from loads of people in the lounge. I even had one guy pm'ing me saying it was his lifes mission to get me banned.

So in the end I got the coveted Banned (abuse) below my name, even though it was me getting the abuse.

So days of discussions with the admins etc explaining that this login was mine, as the wifey had hijacked my old login and eventually they re-instated me, as I had posted nothing worthy of a ban.

But it left a bad taste, that the abused get banned for attracting abuse apparently
Do you have more blue boxes than soapy, or am i counting wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.