Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agents? Good or Bad?

Agents? Good or Bad?

Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agents? Good or Bad?

Since my last posting today, I've since been more determined to go for it (migration that is) in a big way. Noodle kindly directed me to the skills assessment page and now my heads in a spin.
Can I have advice on whether or not to use an agent.
I've just had a look at an agent called "gomatilda", has anyone used these guys?
How much does an agent cost?
Are there any agents out there who are any good?
Cheers
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:14 pm
earlswood

Tazzy,

There are a load of crap agents out there so you need to make sure that you go for one that is registered.

There is a website you can check but can't remember what it is.

People like Alan Collett (GoMatilda) and George Lombard post regularly on here and give good advice and have reputations for being fair and honest.

We used George Lombard and he got us through the ACS (RPL) skills assessment and quite honestly couldn't have done it without him. He has now submitted our application to ASPC and are playing the waiting game.

Hope this helps.

Earlswood

Old Sep 24th 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think if you've got a complex case its worth having an agent.

If its straight forward you could save yourself up to about £500.

cheers

karen
Old Apr 15th 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Agents? Good or Bad?

Originally posted by Tazzy
Since my last posting today, I've since been more determined to go for it (migration that is) in a big way. Noodle kindly directed me to the skills assessment page and now my heads in a spin.
Can I have advice on whether or not to use an agent.
I've just had a look at an agent called "gomatilda", has anyone used these guys?
How much does an agent cost?
Are there any agents out there who are any good?
Cheers

We had a complicated TRA, and couldn't have done it without an agent. We used Glen Newton at Go Matilda, and they have been excellent. Glen Newton was the former head of the TRA, so he should know his stuff.

They also guided in the right direction when Jo became pregnant after our application was in. (baby now here and paperwork sorted)

Tra came back with a good deeming date..
Medicals and police checks have been requested, done and returned...
Just waiting for our assuarers bond request...then Visas

Alan Collett at Go Matilda for president !! (just send recomendation payment in the usual way Alan !!!)
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Hi Lesley

Now you've got me worried. we are using globalvisas (not greg) haven't found them too bad up to now (polly is the agent) but I'm beginning to wish i'd done my homework a bit better. please let me know if you get any more problems with them
cheers, paul

Originally posted by martinbrum
Hi Rach

Just read your comment regarding Greg at Global Visas! We too are unfortunately one of his customers. What a dope, whenever I speak to him, he does not sound as if he knows what he is speaking about and I know what you mean about him not returning calls, the amount of times I have to call back - not on when you have paid up front for their services - just hope he does know what he is on about, just sent our TRA form.

How is your application going? ok I hope.

Waiting for Greg to return a call I made earlier today - nothing as yet - what a surprise!!!!

Good luck

Lesley
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Lesley & Paul
just to let you all know that they were fine with hubbys' tra but since we paid them in full and are now awaiting the visa they or should i say Greg isn't very efficient, he very often gets my name wrong and never returns calls! seems like most 'sales people' once they have the money they lose interested!
best of luck to you both
rach x
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:28 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Tazzy,
I posted a thread yesterday on whether to use agents or not, and got a mixed response with some very helpful tips. Maybe you might want to take a look:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298870

Good luck,

Tia
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:41 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Also forgot to mention, for anyone who doesn't already know this,

I have come across an excellent newspaper for Migrants or people who are wanting to emigrate.

It's called 'Australian Outlook' and is a monthly newspaper with everything you could imagine relating to the emigration process, including Agents, latest migration policy and news, removal firms, finacial matters, buying and building homes in AU, and a lot more!!

It is an excellent paper, and is my bible...I swear by it (or is that on it?)
Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mitchells is an unknown quantity at this point

We went with Go Matilda and have found that they are excellent, don't think I could have handled all the stress of making sure that the documents were presented correctly with a two year running around me.

They also, helped with advice when I became pregnant during the application, we've now had the baby, who was then added to application.

Good Luck
Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:05 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Also forgot to mention, for anyone who doesn't already know this,

I have come across an excellent newspaper for Migrants or people who are wanting to emigrate.

It's called 'Australian Outlook' and is a monthly newspaper with everything you could imagine relating to the emigration process, including Agents, latest migration policy and news, removal firms, finacial matters, buying and building homes in AU, and a lot more!!

It is an excellent paper, and is my bible...I swear by it (or is that on it?)
Hi, we also get Australian Outlook and it is excellent for anyone thinking of migrating - however we have been getting it for 18months now and it does tend to repeat much the same things over the months!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:42 pm

I have just found out something quite shocking during my research into emigration!

Not all imigration Agents are registered, so you need to be extra careful when choosing one.

Here is a link for a site which has a list of all the registered Agents. (This, I obtained from the Australian Government's official immigration guide):

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/default.asp

It may be interesting (or maybe not) for those of you having problems with your Agents.

It will definately be of help for those like me, who haven't started the process yet,

Good luck,

Tia
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:52 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tiawamutu]Also forgot to mention, for anyone who doesn't already know this,

It is an excellent paper, and is my bible...I swear by it (or is that on it?) [/QUOTE

hiya can you tell me where you get this paper from please, can you get it at WHSmith or that sort of place?

many thanks,

Nev.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:52 pm

Certainly Redlion

Here is a link with details on how you can subscribe to it, as I don't think you can order it in the shops.

http://www.consylpublishing.co.uk/ao.htm

Best of luck,
Tia
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used ASA www.australia-migration.com

Definitely worth checking out.........I can give more details if needed.

SS
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

ASA cost me £2k and that was for all application and porfessional fees (skills assessment and 136 application)..very reasonable with an excellent 24.7 facility - PM me for more details.

SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.