Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agents , fees & recommended

Agents , fees & recommended

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Default Re: Agents , fees & recommended

Hi

We used Ian Harrop & Associates (Sue Tempany). Cant fault them. They were honest in their advice and charged £1500 & VAT for their fees alone and Visa's, PCC, meds and TRA was on top of that. They let OH apply straight away for 136 non MODL as he had HND qualifications and 6 years experience in trade.
However we did speak with Four Corners initially and their fees alone were £4000 & VAT (not inc above extras) and they advised us to come back in 6 - 8 months as they though OH needed more experience in trade regardless of qualifications.

Just goes to show things vary. Our friends did it themselves and had no problems. We were too worried incase we made a mess of it.
Good luck
Watty'n'Arls
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We've been on and off this site for a good few years now and the names that always come up are: Harrop & Associates and Go Matilda. Never heard a bad word about either of them.

We used OE Visas, who were based in London and Edinburgh at the time we used them and they did the job for us too (Richard Gregan posted on here a while back) and while they were slightly slow to correspond to e-mails etc (could have been our eagerness to get going, rather than their incompentency ), they got us our 136 visas in less than 4 months - not bad going - as at the time, prospective migrants could expect an 18 month turn around.

All up, those three agents were around the same fees at the time, although I could not tell you what they charge now.

Go with a good name and get the results, thats my argument. You can D.I.Y and manage it fine but if you don't, well that's a ball ache and you'll end up having an agent in the end anyway....
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

I completely agree with Ste and Leigh.

I felt the same with Ian Harrop about them being slow to correspond and when I phoned I alway felt like I was pestering (I now put it down to being impatient and excited to get there rather than incompetence)
We were 136 non modl, did TRA separately incase failed (OH was nervious as he is the visa applicant), this was approved Nov 2005. Got paperwork together (we are de-facto and needed evidence of relationship) and posted 1st week in March 2006 (ack end March), didnt front load meds/pcc at Ian Harrop insistence (although plenty of people guided us to frontload), visa approved 23 Oct 06, got very pissed that night!!. Just waiting for house to sell and then we are off...
Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Hello all , just wanted to get an idea of he rates differnent agents charge & what they gave for the money .

Maybe they don't differ very much ?

Scott&Rachel
I paid about 2000 fees only and used 1st contact in London and it was money well spent. I got my visa in 8 months and they were fab from start to finish.

Good Luck

Sue