Reload this Page >

Is the agent telling me the truth

Is the agent telling me the truth

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:17 am
Just Joined

jono1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is the agent telling me the truth

Hi
This is my first post to this site so please be gentle with me!
I have been approached by an agent offering me a job in Perth for 12 months. They are going to sponsor a 457 visa for me. I asked them about the Living Away From Home Alllowance and there reply was

The ATO will not allow agencies to pay LAFHA. We used to be able to do this a couple of year ago but the ATO has stopped this.

Can anyone clarify this ??
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the agent telling me the truth

Originally Posted by jono1969
Hi
This is my first post to this site so please be gentle with me!
I have been approached by an agent offering me a job in Perth for 12 months. They are going to sponsor a 457 visa for me. I asked them about the Living Away From Home Alllowance and there reply was

The ATO will not allow agencies to pay LAFHA. We used to be able to do this a couple of year ago but the ATO has stopped this.

Can anyone clarify this ??
Hi Jono

cant help i'm affraid I just wanted to say Hi
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:36 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jono,

Sorry I can't help either, just wanted to say Hi and by the way I used to live in Ashford!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Jono,

Sorry I can't help either, just wanted to say Hi and by the way I used to live in Ashford!
Sorry cant help, but hell everyone is saying hi so HI!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:42 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Sorry cant help, but hell everyone is saying hi so HI!!!

LOL Hi Manx
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Hi Manx
How u doing?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanx for being gentle with me!
I was only asking as a friend of mine has been told he does qualify and we do the similar sort of job. The only difference is i'm going there contract and he is going staff. Dont see what difference it makes as we r both on 457 visas.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:33 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Location: on the opposite side of the world to where I want to be...
HAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jono1969
Thanx for being gentle with me!
I was only asking as a friend of mine has been told he does qualify and we do the similar sort of job. The only difference is i'm going there contract and he is going staff. Dont see what difference it makes as we r both on 457 visas.
Hi jono

My hubby has also been approached by an agency with a potential job offer and like you it will be a 457 on a contract basis through a sponsoring agency. We have been told that we will get LAfHA and other tax benefits too...I don't know the in's and out's fully but do know for sure that that was one of the benefits
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HAM
Hi jono

My hubby has also been approached by an agency with a potential job offer and like you it will be a 457 on a contract basis through a sponsoring agency. We have been told that we will get LAfHA and other tax benefits too...I don't know the in's and out's fully but do know for sure that that was one of the benefits
Thanks for the info. I have contacted someone from Go Matilda who knows all about the benefits. I just dont want to go halfway round the world and find out i could have got a better deal tax wise. Do you know what agency it was that contacted him?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:20 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jono,

Sorry i can't help either!!!!!!
But i live about 20 mins from Ashford!!!!! just thought i'd drop in and add that useless bit of info!!!!!!!

Hope you find out though
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

A company called Freespirit helped my husband with some extra tax concessions for LAHA a couple of years ago...condition is that you have to plan to leave Oz within X years . They were some sort of agency- never understood how they worked but they were government backed/linked.
Look them up and see if they can help.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pomster
A company called Freespirit helped my husband with some extra tax concessions for LAHA a couple of years ago...condition is that you have to plan to leave Oz within X years . They were some sort of agency- never understood how they worked but they were government backed/linked.
Look them up and see if they can help.
I have already run that past the agent i am going to work for and i got a very negative reply They said that they do not work with Contract Management Companies etc etc. I'll perervere though.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I can't help either and I live nowhere near Ashford!!

Ah well!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:28 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve G
I can't help either and I live nowhere near Ashford!!

Ah well!!
Ditto. Wanted to add my "Hi" though. Have you posted this on the immigration forum? You may well get more answers there. JAJ might get hold of it and be able to advise you.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 12:56 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Ditto. Wanted to add my "Hi" though. Have you posted this on the immigration forum? You may well get more answers there. JAJ might get hold of it and be able to advise you.
if an employer do not wish to pay lafha there is nothing you can do about it.... lafha is a bit of a grey tax area and a lot of employers shy away from it including mine despite the fact we have about 20 people on 457's....... at the end of the day if they won't play ball then just negotiate on the salary....

for all matters like this though there is no substitute for professional advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.