age question

Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default age question

Just been reading another thread about ages (36 isnt that old!!), and it made me think about if we leave it a couple more years before applying for independant skilled (Im a nurse so I would be main applicant). my other half has already turned 40, will we still be eligible if he is over 44? Is it just my age that the application is based on? want to do it before im 39 so we dont loose any more points!!
help?

sue
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sue,
We applied with me as the main applicant, I was (just!) under 30 and hubby was over but we got the 20 something points so I think you're OK. Not sure where you'd stand if your husband was over 45 though as isn't this the cut off? Maybe thats just main applicants too?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

if your a nurse your get in and prob fast tracked to 6 months on your application

in the west newspaper on sat they have there own section for nurses jobs

get your self over here its never too late
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiredwithtwins
I'd get applying now - you never know what they'll do with the point system, it gets harder every year! You can always put off going for a while once you've got it! You'd have to validate though if you needed longer.
Larissa
PS tried to shorten your name to TWT but it was too much like TWIT!
:scared:
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:08 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi Tiredwithtwins
I'd get applying now - you never know what they'll do with the point system, it gets harder every year! You can always put off going for a while once you've got it! You'd have to validate though if you needed longer.
Larissa
PS tried to shorten your name to TWT but it was too much like TWIT!
:scared:

hi larissa,
just the small matter of money stopping us, plus I have only just gone back to work after 3 years off with the twins, so I dont meet the employment criteria for a couple more months!!

know what you mean about my username!! just call me sue!

Sue
Old Dec 5th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Well good luck Sue - I know what you mean about money - especially when you're on one income! We've had to budget so much and did the application ourselves... :scared:
Larissa
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:26 am
Just Joined

kcsb17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: age question

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
Just been reading another thread about ages (36 isnt that old!!), and it made me think about if we leave it a couple more years before applying for independant skilled (Im a nurse so I would be main applicant). my other half has already turned 40, will we still be eligible if he is over 44? Is it just my age that the application is based on? want to do it before im 39 so we dont loose any more points!!
help?

sue
Hi fellow twin Mum,

We've just been lucky enough to have our PR visas granted. I'm the main applicant (36) and hubby is now 44. (Was 43 when we applied).
You do need to get your skates on as the age of both adults has to be under 45 at the date of application. Its worth applying as soon as possible, but don't front load with medicals or police checks if you need to stretch it out a bit for employment purposes.

K
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:42 am

Originally posted by kcsb17
Hi fellow twin Mum,

We've just been lucky enough to have our PR visas granted. I'm the main applicant (36) and hubby is now 44. (Was 43 when we applied).
You do need to get your skates on as the age of both adults has to be under 45 at the date of application. Its worth applying as soon as possible, but don't front load with medicals or police checks if you need to stretch it out a bit for employment purposes.

K

hi K
thanks for that - I was a bit concerned if we left it too late and he was nudging 44!!
hopefully we will still be able to take advantage of nurses being fast-trackked in a couple of years time!!!
How old are your twins? boys or girls?
mine are nearly 3 and both boys!!

sue
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

[plus I have only just gone back to work after 3 years off with the twins, so I dont meet the employment criteria for a couple more months!!

Is that the criteria as in working in nominated profession for 12 out of last 18 months? I would like to apply under the labour agreement - I cant find anything so far that penalises you for having a recent career break. i'm just returning to nursing after 5 years doing something completely different, but want to apply asap.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

HugoB,
I think you may have a problem applying as a nurse after a 5 year break. I had to prove 12 of the last 18 months were spent employed in nominated job to get extra nurse points, this was also required for skills assesment before application was submitted. This included a statement of employment from H.R., a professional reference and a recent payslip. The information regarding this is given in the application pack when you are estimating your points.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:36 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
help?
Sue,

If you are the main applicant, you will need to satisfy the basic requirements and meet the points test (if applicable).

If your spouse is over 45 but you do not require his points to meet the passmark, then he need not meet the basic requirements (which includes being under 45 at the time you apply to DIMIA).

If you need the spouse points to meet the passmark, then he will need to meet the basic requirements (but he need not meet the passmark on his own) in order for you to claim the 5 points for spouse skills.

HTH

Peter
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:38 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kcsb17
You do need to get your skates on as the age of both adults has to be under 45 at the date of application.
That's incorrect. Refer to my previous post for an explanation.

Your spouse needs to be under 45 only if you need the spouse bonus points to meet the passmark. In any other case, your spouse need not be under 45.

Peter
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by mcmercer
HugoB,
I think you may have a problem applying as a nurse after a 5 year break. I had to prove 12 of the last 18 months were spent employed in nominated job to get extra nurse points, this was also required for skills assesment before application was submitted. This included a statement of employment from H.R., a professional reference and a recent payslip. The information regarding this is given in the application pack when you are estimating your points.
Hmmm, if thats the case i'll have to wait a while. Were you applying under skilled independent? the LA is a different process and involves being sponsered by a hospital (though would still need assessment and registration in the state before applying). I'm going to email ANC and see what they say.

Thanks,
HB
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by HugoB
Hmmm, if thats the case i'll have to wait a while. Were you applying under skilled independent? the LA is a different process and involves being sponsered by a hospital (though would still need assessment and registration in the state before applying). I'm going to email ANC and see what they say.

Thanks,
HB
Sorry yes, applied skilled independant, dont want to pass on incorrect info. I wonder if you would still have an issue with registration though, I've just applied for reg in queensland and again you had to have practiced within the last 5 years?
Michaela
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry yes, applied skilled independant, dont want to pass on incorrect info. I wonder if you would still have an issue with registration though, I've just applied for reg in queensland and again you had to have practiced within the last 5 years?
Michaela [/QUOTE]

Have now sent email to ANC and await their reply. Basically need to know from them the shortest time I need to be back in practice before getting skills assessed. Will let you know, but it makes sense they'll want to be sure I'm competent!
If I hadn't had such fun on my years out I'd be really frustrated I've got to make all the time up again! They dont make it very tempting or easy to get back to nursing here!!!

Cheers

HB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.