Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Age Limit for applications

Age Limit for applications

Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Tony & Kate is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Age Limit for applications

Hi, we considered immigration a few years ago, but things changed within the family and this went on the back burner. Everything has now changed but I may have a problem. Our application would be in my Wife's name as she has is a nurse and her skills are in demand, but I am 45 in October!! Does anybody know how this will effect our application. Obviously, any help anybody may be able to offer would be greatly appriciated.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:21 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Age Limit for applications

Originally Posted by Tony & Kate
Hi, we considered immigration a few years ago, but things changed within the family and this went on the back burner. Everything has now changed but I may have a problem. Our application would be in my Wife's name as she has is a nurse and her skills are in demand, but I am 45 in October!! Does anybody know how this will effect our application. Obviously, any help anybody may be able to offer would be greatly appriciated.
Hello Tony & Kate
Welcome to the forum, you would do much better re answers if you post this on the immigration forum for Australia & NZ. Lots of people on there that know what they are on about.

The only thing I know for certain is that the person who applies ( in this case your wife), on a skilled visa, must be under 45 at the time of application lodgement, I don't know for sure if the age of that persons spouse matters or not.
As I said people on the immigration forum will know.
Good luck to you both
Carole
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:01 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

without wanting to sound rude, it is the main applicants age that counts, it hink, how old is kate?

michelle
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:39 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tony & Kate
yeah,depending on the type of application make, you need to apply b4 45th birthday and the date you apply, your age is frozen from that date as far as I am aware -dont waste any time!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If the missus is under 45 you're fine, you could be 55 and still get in as spouse. Just get moving whatever her age though. Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:15 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If the missus is under 45 you're fine, you could be 55 and still get in as spouse. Just get moving whatever her age though. Good luck.
Absolutely! I was the main applicant as I am (just) under 45 but hubby is well over. As long as you lodge your application before the main applicant is 45, you'll be fine.