Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

after the elation of getting visa

after the elation of getting visa

Old Jun 28th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default after the elation of getting visa

Just coming down after getting our visa i am suddenly feeling very anxious Put our house up 3 weeks ago had 1 viewing supposed to have one tonite at 6 oclock. jUST cancelled. Not feeling too good about our estate agents iether. Just get the feeling they feel they have done thier job now in getting us to sign up with them. Considering i am paying them 3000 i do not feel i am getting value for money. iF THEY DO NOT PULL THIER FINGER OUT THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO TELL THEM WHERE TO SHOVE THIER SIGN
Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:29 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: after the elation of getting visa

hi raven

change now dont give them the week

i had mine on for 12 weeks with one company and never had a single viewing they told us from the first week to reduce price cos no-one is interested
we tried offering stamp duty paid and reducing the price but still no-one came

finally last thurs i changed agents and hey presto put the price back up and had our first viewing about twenty mins ago and it went well

the point im trying to make is they are the proffesionals and should know how to sell your house if you dont feel right or comfortable or satisfied with what they are doing the bin them dont waste your valuable time get yourself off to oz mate!!

jan xx
Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Just coming down after getting our visa i am suddenly feeling very anxious Put our house up 3 weeks ago had 1 viewing supposed to have one tonite at 6 oclock. jUST cancelled. Not feeling too good about our estate agents iether. Just get the feeling they feel they have done thier job now in getting us to sign up with them. Considering i am paying them 3000 i do not feel i am getting value for money. iF THEY DO NOT PULL THIER FINGER OUT THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO TELL THEM WHERE TO SHOVE THIER SIGN

im in same boat 4 weeks and im the one calling the EA every bloody week. Im gonna give it till end of world cup then stuff them. had to even tell them to put chain free on the advert!!!!
Old Jun 28th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: after the elation of getting visa

I totally agree with you guys about changing estate agents - I'm a believer that if they can't generate interest in the first 10 days to 2 weeks then how will they in 12???

They want an awful lot of money for their board, 1 newspaper advert and a few glossy printed flyers!

We managed to sell one of our houses to next door neighbour and when finish the one we're renovating we're going to have 4 weeks self marketing it and see how we go. But we're lucky we're not depending on it all being completed before we go, not everyone has the luck of time!!

Good luck to all those selling out there and make your estate agents work for their money!
Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:16 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

This is the bit I'm not looking forward to as I love my house and will be sad to sell it........Just a shame you cant move your house with you!!!! C x :scared:
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:10 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
I totally agree with you guys about changing estate agents - I'm a believer that if they can't generate interest in the first 10 days to 2 weeks then how will they in 12???

They want an awful lot of money for their board, 1 newspaper advert and a few glossy printed flyers!

We managed to sell one of our houses to next door neighbour and when finish the one we're renovating we're going to have 4 weeks self marketing it and see how we go. But we're lucky we're not depending on it all being completed before we go, not everyone has the luck of time!!

Good luck to all those selling out there and make your estate agents work for their money!
we tried self selling for two months but once we got the visa and we had had no interest we thought it better to involve the so called proffessionals

good luck to all who is trying to sell their house

jan xx
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

LOL lollyno1

Nothing's happeneing here either til after the WC!!

Our EA is doing it, sole agency, for 1/2%. If we go multi agency it'll be 1 & 1/2%. 2 weeks notice to change, NOT the 3 months one cheeky so n so quoted

Good luck

Andy
Old Jun 28th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Wishing you good luck and I agree with the others it might be worth changing agents. We did that and it definately helped.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:19 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Stay calm. Best wishes to you and I'm sure it will all work out for you in the end. If you are anything like me, once we had the visa I just wanted to go and nothing could move fast enough for me.

I eventually put the house up with multiple agents and knocked the fees down to 1% with each of them. Some initially wanted 2.5% upwards and told them to naff off since they were not doing anymore work than if they had it exclusively, simply saying well xxxx agent will do it for 1% are you prepared to match that then for the listing ?

Just an idea for you!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if any of you have heard of "Smartmove"? a flat fee of £345 plus vat. Very, very professional service, we've had everything that we would have had from any other estate agent.
Our house has been on the market 2 weeks today, we've had about 10 viewings and already had an offer