Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

after all the traumas of last week...we've set a date!!

after all the traumas of last week...we've set a date!!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default after all the traumas of last week...we've set a date!!

well, after the commotions of the past week, briefly, for those of you that don't know, i found out my daughter had been smoking, she's 14! but apparently she's been doing it since she was 12!!!! :scared: well, to cut a long story short, went to docs, got patches and she hasn't had a cigarette since monday and is doing really well, very proud of her for wanting to give up.

story 2, my son has steady girlfriend, again, long story short, he slept with her when it was arranged they sleep in seperate rooms last week without me knowing! woke up next morning and there they were in bed together!(both are 16 using contraception) just felt he'd took liberties.

so bit of a traumatic week, anyway, the good news is that, me and the other half have set our wedding date and i'm very happy. , he is too!!!!

because we've both been married and divorced and both have children, we just want a quiet do, just us and them, so we're off to gretna green next April. my friend who is a bit of a pagan, says that we had to get married on either a monday or a friday, when it is a waning or a full moon, so its a friday the day before the full moon! something to do with our birthsigns, good luck, long and happy marriage etc..... so thats it, sorted.

BIG party the week after with lots and lots of and friends to celebrate

just thought i'd share my happy news with my expat friends

debbie x

Last edited by debbiemc; Nov 18th 2004 at 10:05 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:58 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: after all the traumas of last week...we've set a date!!

Good luck with your wedding gretna green is a great place to get married and good reception bars with great asmosthere
Old Nov 18th 2004, 9:59 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie,

CONGRATULATIONS

How exciting!

We drive past Gretna when we go to Inverness on our hols. We did think of going to Gretna to get married as we both wanted a small wedding, no frills, no fuss. We ended up having a lovely wedding locally but everytime I pass Gretna I have a slight hint of regret that we didn't get married there.

Good luck to you both

D D
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Debbie,

CONGRATULATIONS

How exciting!

We drive past Gretna when we go to Inverness on our hols. We did think of going to Gretna to get married as we both wanted a small wedding, no frills, no fuss. We ended up having a lovely wedding locally but everytime I pass Gretna I have a slight hint of regret that we didn't get married there.

Good luck to you both

D D
thanksDD, if you're passing the day we get married, will you pop in and be my witness my son is going to be johns witness, but my daughter and step daughter too young so i'll have to drag someone in off the green!!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
well, after the commotions of the past week, briefly, for those of you that don't know, i found out my daughter had been smoking, she's 14! but apparently she's been doing it since she was 12!!!! :scared: well, to cut a long story short, went to docs, got patches and she hasn't had a cigarette since monday and is doing really well, very proud of her for wanting to give up.

story 2, my son has steady girlfriend, again, long story short, he slept with her last week without me knowing! (both are 16 using contraception) just felt he'd took liberties.

so bit of a traumatic week, anyway, the good news is that, me and the other half have set our wedding date and i'm very happy. , he is too!!!!

because we've both been married and divorced and both have children, we just want a quiet do, just us and them, so we're off to gretna green next April. my friend who is a bit of a pagan, says that we had to get married on either a monday or a friday, when it is a waning or a full moon, so its a friday the day before the full moon! something to do with our birthsigns, good luck, long and happy marriage etc..... so thats it, sorted.

BIG party the week after with lots and lots of and friends to celebrate

just thought i'd share my happy news with my expat friends

debbie x

congratulations to you both, gretna is lovely, my friend got married there too.
they even had a nice little blokey playing bagpipes....ah.
it was lovely.
wishing you a lovely long, happy and long married life.

Trish
x
Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

awwww......................congratulations debbie...thats great news!!!!!!!!!
Im meeting jo after she finishes tomorrow, so we will have a drink in your honour!!

all the best

sue