Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

After all of the research...?

After all of the research...?

Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute
Default After all of the research...?

Hello,

Kind of a far out post...but here goes:

After spending months/years researching Oz from the web while in Britain, I guess it can be easy to have a picture painted about life in your chosen city

I was wondering how long it is/was before this image is shattered/forgotten...if ever ?

Sad to say, but I'm feeling kind of bored of my life in Melbourne already ,and we won't arrive in Melbourne for another couple of months.

Do you reckon this comes from too much planning ?

Anyone else felt like this?

PG
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After all of the research...?

Originally Posted by Pommie Granite
Hello,

Do you reckon this comes from too much planning ?

Probably....it's a big commitment and will require a lot of adjusting when u do get there....u need to start looking forward to "having your life back", where you are living for yourselves and for each day as it comes.

Good luck with everything.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Probably....it's a big commitment and will require a lot of adjusting when u do get there....u need to start looking forward to "having your life back", where you are living for yourselves and for each day as it comes.

Good luck with everything.
Many Thanks

I hope you're right. I think that I'm just bored with my life in Melbourne cyberworld.

Once we get to REAL Melbourne , I'm sure we'll start really enjoying life as an adventure

PG
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:29 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks

I hope you're right. I think that I'm just bored with my life in Melbourne cyberworld.

Once we get to REAL Melbourne , I'm sure we'll start really enjoying life as an adventure

PG
Take some time out from the PC mate.

You wont get bored here (summers coming and throughout this so called winter we have been outside all weekend, every weekend).
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears
Take some time out from the PC mate.

You wont get bored here (summers coming and throughout this so called winter we have been outside all weekend, every weekend).
Cheers....i'm sure you're right

Although Yahoo Weather is telling me it's pretty cold there at the moment
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Many Thanks

PG

I know exactly what you mean, have been trying to set up a specific job in Perth for more than a year and have spent loads of time researching where to live, what to do, how to adjust etc and now feel a bit cyberspaced out -- we haven't even started the visa process yet although hoping it will go quickly as we will be sponsored. One of the exciting thing initially was the prospect of the nice large house with pool and all the trimmings... now the house prices are through the roof it has rather dampened my enthusiasm..

hopefully will be much better when we get there.. hope it is the same for you.. if it is any concellation, i have some friends who went to Perth and they have a great life and love it.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Many Thanks

PG

I know exactly what you mean, have been trying to set up a specific job in Perth for more than a year and have spent loads of time researching where to live, what to do, how to adjust etc and now feel a bit cyberspaced out -- we haven't even started the visa process yet although hoping it will go quickly as we will be sponsored. One of the exciting thing initially was the prospect of the nice large house with pool and all the trimmings... now the house prices are through the roof it has rather dampened my enthusiasm..

hopefully will be much better when we get there.. hope it is the same for you.. if it is any concellation, i have some friends who went to Melbourne and they have a great life and love it.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrispy

hopefully will be much better when we get there.. hope it is the same for you.. if it is any concellation, i have some friends who went to Melbourne and they have a great life and love it.
Cheers mate.

I guess the moral of this is that you can only do so much planning and research before you get hacked of with it.

Hopefully for you house prices will be on the way down and £GBP strengthened a lot by the time you move out there.

All the best
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:02 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers....i'm sure you're right

Although Yahoo Weather is telling me it's pretty cold there at the moment
Nah this aint cold
Old Sep 9th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears
Nah this aint cold
Even it is, I wouldn't mind. I kind of like cold weather as long as its also sunny - gives that fresh feeling.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 8:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Even it is, I wouldn't mind. I kind of like cold weather as long as its also sunny - gives that fresh feeling.

Well then Australia should be perfect for you!